Christmas is imminent, and I will be traveling

Forum Editor 00:51 18 Dec 2016

for a couple of days next week,so I thought I would post my usual thanks to you all for your support during the past year now, just as our sixteenth on-line anniversary is upon us.

Our forums exist primarily to offer free advice and help to other computer users, and without the continuing support of our faithful band of helpers we just couldn't do it. Some of you have been offering the benefit of your experience and expertise for many years, and we want you to know how much we appreciate the effort you put into it all. Between you, you have responded to well over a million cries for help in the Tech Helproom alone, and it never stops.

Here, in Speakers Corner, we discuss many things - we certainly know how to put the world to rights! Our debates are often robust, and sometimes quite heated, but that's life in an internet forum.

Each year at this time, I like to offer a personal vote of heartfelt thanks to the small band of people who can spot a spam post a mile off and email me with a notification. You never fail me, and although I don't get time to acknowledge every email I want you to know that I really appreciate your help. Without it, our forums would gradually be swamped by legions of spammers, as some other internet forums are.

On behalf of everyone at PCA, I would like to wish every one of our members a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New year. We'll be open for business all over the holidays, and I hope you'll find time to join me at some point during your celebrations.

Best wishes,

Peter (FE)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:26 18 Dec 2016

Thanks

and a Happy Christmas to all forum members and the team at "PCA Towers"

Brumas 14:45 18 Dec 2016

Aye, a Peaceful, Healthy and Happy Christmas to one and all; let us hope 2017 will be an auspicious year for everyone.

Regards

Alan & Fran

Forum Editor 14:59 18 Dec 2016

Brumas Thank you. Do the two of you spend Christmas poring over masses of postcards, ready for next year's crop of forum posts?

rickf 15:16 18 Dec 2016

And Happy Christmas to you too and all. I have just escaped the BA strike by the skin of my teeth. Flying out on 22nd to spend time with son in Europe. And a Happy New Year.

john bunyan 15:40 18 Dec 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to FE , the PCA team and their families, and to fellow forum members . I am very grateful for the help I have received here, and enjoy the Speakers Forum with all it's foibles.

csqwared 15:48 18 Dec 2016

Thanks FE and Seasons Greetings to you, all your staff and Forumites whatever your religion. Although I don't post much I do follow the debates and Tech Help with interest throwing in the occasional four pen'orth. Have a good one everyone.

Forum Editor 16:35 18 Dec 2016

spider9~2

Congratulations to you and the happy parents.

Forum Editor 16:37 18 Dec 2016

rickf

I'm watching the airline strike situation carefully - I have a long-haul coming up in early Feb -hoping it will all be over by then.

Happy Christmas.

Flak999 16:51 18 Dec 2016

Merry Christmas one and all! Here's looking forward to a 2017 full of controversial topics to get our teeth into. Congratulations to you spider9~2 on the birth of your grandchild, my wife and I have just been celebrating the same happy event ourselves, our son and his wife had a baby boy two weeks ago.

What sort of world awaits these young newcomers?

Forum Editor 17:09 18 Dec 2016

Flak999

Congratulations to your family, too.

Controversial topics to get our teeth into in 2017? I can guarantee it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix