A cautionary tale

johndrew 11:11 07 Jun 2012
Answered

In my web wanderings I came across this tale of woe on the subject of dust and hard drives. It may be more towards the Helproom if anyone has this type of problem - which I hope not - but certainly one for any who are considering home improvements.

lotvic 12:12 07 Jun 2012
Answer

I will never understand people who place their pc tower on the floor, especially on a thick carpet, and not think about it sucking in dust and fibres..... made me chuckle (well duh) that he'd spent £'s on new components without even opening the case first to have a look.

lotvic 14:19 07 Jun 2012

I've always thought that quite a few deserve to be renamed with the insertion of a hyphen 'man-agers'.

daz60 16:48 07 Jun 2012

smokers PCs would be worst

my sister smokes quite heavily and she uses my old netbook to play solitaire on,she hates the W7 version,when i mention to her about the smoke damage she just shrugs and when i clean it the crud really does stick.

Hate to imagine what her innards are like never mind the PCs.

Forum Editor 06:39 09 Jun 2012

Some of the keyboards I'm expected to use in the course of my work should come with a health warning - the amount if filth on them defies belief. I often wonder what the homes of the regular users are like. It takes five minutes to clean a keyboard once in a while, but these people can't be bothered - probably because it's not their property.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)