Cars covered in brown marks

bumpkin 22:32 11 Jul 2016

I like my cars to be clean but find that they are constantly covered in small brown spots. I can't get them off easily even with repeated washing. Local hand car wash does a reasonable job but still some remain, they tell me it comes from trees. They come off with a fingernail easy enough but there are hundreds of them over the screen and bodywork. Recently had my conifers lopped if that is of any relevance.

Has anyone else experienced this or can offer advice on removal.

lotvic 00:44 25 Oct 2016

Pine Man, that's encouraging, I'm spraying mine next week, got to move stuff around first to get access.

Aitchbee 14:25 25 Oct 2016

Off subject a tad, but I had trouble with swarms of fruit flies in my house this summer and now thankfully ... there's none about. It was all-out WAR for a few weeks but I had to use many forms of attack ... sprays, sticky fly-paper, swats and zapper guns!

Forum Editor 14:31 25 Oct 2016

Aitchbee

Next time, make it easy. Go to Holland & Barrett and buy a bottle of apple cider vinegar. Remove the cap from the bottle (it doesn't have to be full — nearly empty will also work). Cover the opening in cling film or polythene and secure with a rubber band. Then, poke a hole for the fruit flies to enter. They can't resist the scent of the vinegar, and they won't be able to get out once they're inside.

lotvic 14:32 25 Oct 2016

HB, glad to hear there are no flies on you (now) :D

Aitchbee 14:38 25 Oct 2016

Thanks FE, I'll definitely try that next year. I've heard that cider vinegar is good for other medicinal things too, athritis 'cure' for instance.

Forum Editor 15:21 25 Oct 2016

Aitchbee

There's no cure for osteo-arthritis, but there are pain-relievers.

Click here

BT 17:50 25 Oct 2016

Forum Editor

I haven't used Apple Cider vinegar but I do use Freeze dried Cherry, (which is one of the mixtures in your link, for relief of Gout. I also take Allopurinol. All my swollen finger joints have virtually disappeared, and have been pain free for a number of years.

bumpkin 22:27 25 Oct 2016

* I do use Freeze dried Cherry, *

Any good for removing brown marks from cars?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE is the UK's first 5G network, launching next week

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro Buying Guide: 13in vs 15in MacBook Pro

Test : casque audio Avanti C de Moshi