Cars covered in brown marks

bumpkin 22:32 11 Jul 2016

I like my cars to be clean but find that they are constantly covered in small brown spots. I can't get them off easily even with repeated washing. Local hand car wash does a reasonable job but still some remain, they tell me it comes from trees. They come off with a fingernail easy enough but there are hundreds of them over the screen and bodywork. Recently had my conifers lopped if that is of any relevance.

Has anyone else experienced this or can offer advice on removal.

Forum Editor 18:12 22 Oct 2016

Never, in the history of internet forums, has so much been said by so many about so little.

john bunyan 18:15 22 Oct 2016

FE.

A certain canned red fruit was surely even more of a waffle?

bumpkin 19:59 22 Oct 2016

A certain canned red fruit was surely even more of a waffle?

Different colour this time:-)

Belatucadrus 21:57 22 Oct 2016

What about tinned prunes for a subject, that way you can combine the two heated topics of canned fruit and dubious brown stains ?

bumpkin 22:26 22 Oct 2016

I defy anybody to top the tomato thread.

wee eddie 23:51 22 Oct 2016

Surely, real Waffles are square

Forum Editor 10:59 23 Oct 2016

Belatucadrus

We'll have no more suggestions about threads concerning canned fruit, thanks. Some people need very little encouragement.

Pine Man 16:34 23 Oct 2016

bumpkin

I defy anybody to top the tomato thread

Well if it helps, and if anybody is interested, I hung a piece of wall lining paper above the bonnet of my car and couldn't find any marks on it until realised that the colour of the paper was an exact match for woodworm poo!

Been one of those days today:-(

ps I have changed the paper;-)

lotvic 14:57 24 Oct 2016

Pine Man, but is there any woodworm frass (like fine sawdust)?

Pine Man 16:47 24 Oct 2016

lotvic

Nothing at all. I checked the lining paper minutely and found nothing. I have checked the new paper and found nothing and there is nothing on the car- anywhere.

Hopefully all the spraying (and swearing) is starting to pay dividends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

PlayStation 5 (PS5) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs