Can It Really Be Fifty Years?

morddwyd 20:24 09 Apr 2019

Half a century, since Concorde's maiden flight?

john bunyan 21:00 09 Apr 2019

Many things happened that year, too many to list , but the Boeing 747 had its maiden flight too

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 09 Apr 2019

As well as flights we had a landing as well click here

Quickbeam 06:12 10 Apr 2019

I remember it was a Sunday afternoon when the normal programming was interrupted to show the French prototype's test flight. Raymond Baxter commentated and I was annoyed that they didn't show the rest of the film that I was watching afterwards.

morddwyd 19:24 10 Apr 2019

but the Boeing 747 had its maiden flight too

I cannot believe you are putting the epoch making Concorde in the same sentence as the 747 mundane, bog standard, passenger transport, a simple progression from the 247, even if both, as aeroplanes which don't kill people, are a total waste of weapon carrying resources!

Quickbeam 19:42 10 Apr 2019

That told JB!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Imminent Moto Razr reboot rumoured to be pricy mid-ranger

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Test : la montre connectée Fossil Sport avec puce Snapdragon Wear 3100 à moins de 250 €