Cameron's Democracy at Work

morddwyd 07:36 04 Feb 2014

IDS has told MPs they cannot run his department

click here sorry, I thought that's why we elected them.

I'm

spuds 16:01 05 Feb 2014

Having seen the video evidence of the originator's article and link, I can only say that Mr Duncan Smith came over as a very arrogant person, both in his replies to the committee and as a person himself, holding an important ministerial post.

Forum Editor 17:57 05 Feb 2014

morddwyd

You're right to point out that the 'one member one vote' system is not yet a reality as far as Labour leadership elections are concerned - the plan goes to the party's National Executive Committee for consideration, but Ed Miliband seems determined to see it through.

oresome 19:59 05 Feb 2014

I think that any possible fallout from the Falkirk findings, if or when they became public gave the matter more impetus.

Forum Editor 23:12 05 Feb 2014

fourm member

Nicely put.

morddwyd 09:28 06 Feb 2014

It got him in. Now he's upset them he doesn't want it used to get him out!

Aitchbee 17:39 07 Feb 2014
  Aitchbee 20:29 07 Feb 2014

fourm member - to err is human. Mr Cameron is a topman to admit that failing.

Aitchbee 20:42 07 Feb 2014

Cameron also made a big bloomer today in advising non-Scots in the UK to, 'phone-a-friend' etc, to convinvce Scots to remain in the UK. His days are numbered as far as Scotland is concerned.

morddwyd 11:42 08 Feb 2014

As I've suggested before, Salmond should just sit back, the Tories, with able assistance from many others, will do the job for him.

Every time he opens his mouth on the issue, a few more "undecides" get polarised, and few of them are moving to his side of the fence.

Can hid advisers not convince him at all about how much contempt Tory leaders are held in up here?

Again as I've said before, I think Margaret was the greatest Prime Minister since Young Billy, but even I can see that she's poisoned the waters for many generations up here, like Chutchill in Tonypandy.

I think that fm, for all our fundamental differences on all aspects of this issue, would not disagree with me there!

T0SH 19:26 08 Feb 2014

Your logic is sadly broken, your vote in your constituency is to elect a single local representative who collectively having won the votes will then form a government, this process of forming a government only then will formal ministerial and leadership appointments be made ,so unless you are implying that making these appointments somehow disenfranchise the voters rights to hold then to account then the are voting for all members regardless of status and they are all liable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)