Buying a Canon Refurbished Camera

jakimo 11:11 06 Jan 2009

Have just bought a refurb. digi.camera through the Canon auction shop in ebay,but was not sure what I would get.

What I received is what appears to be a brand new camera,complete with new cables\battery charger\instruction manual\software & 12 months warranty.

So anyone considering a Canon this should be their first stop and grab a bargain..

click here

johndrew 16:48 06 Jan 2009

Many good manufacturers refurbish units either part exchanged or returned under warranty. In many cases these units are to an `as new` standard when offered for re-sale but because they are `second user` units seldom attract a price close to that of a truly `new` unit.

Businesses such as Morgan Computers click here carry such units along with surplus/discontinued stock and these are a bargain for those on a tight budget.

I agree with you, jakimo, it is a great way of picking up a bargain. However, if everyone did it we would all be chasing a very limited supply.

jack 17:18 06 Jan 2009

Many of my purchases over the years has been of the 'Last Weeks Technology/refurb- variety.
From Morgans and others
Many of these items may well be refurbs, but also returned new stock because the upgrade is out on the shelves.

AL47 18:38 06 Jan 2009

my iphone and laptop were referbs

my iphone cost the same as a new one with delivery included in that price [i had it delivered from the states without signing a contract,wasnt out here] had it over a year now,

my laptop would have cost about 1600 but i got it under a grand, its almost 2 years old and no problems

jakimo 19:28 06 Jan 2009

glad to hear its worked out for others,Obviously this was a first for me,and was expecting a scratched camera and dogeared documentation,so I'm delighted with the end result and will consider a refurb printer when the time comes

Condom 19:29 06 Jan 2009

I am still convinced that the Epson R265 I bought from the Epson refurbishment site was brand new. It arrived in a plain brown box but that was the only difference I could see at half the price. Best printer I ever bought and it is still printing beautifully albeit with a CISS system rather than Epson cartridges.

Stuartli 21:24 06 Jan 2009

It used to be very well known that the Fuji "refurbished" digital cameras on sale at Morgans Computers were, in fact, brand new.

I believe this description was used to avoid upsetting those who had paid much more before a model was discontinued.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?