Business forum but no gaming forum?

wolfie3000 12:18 07 Feb 2008

I just noticed the business forum on this site but am at a loss as to why its been setup?

I am sure there are many more gamers on this site than business users, so why no gaming section?

I know this question has been asked alot and the usual answer is that the forum once had a gaming section but it was taken off due to lack of popularity.

Can we at least have a vote on whether we can have one or not?

Marko797 12:32 07 Feb 2008

and one which crossed my mind.

I think the FE might respond that it was tried a while ago, but had very limted success and was therefore closed off. There was however a recent post on this very subject, but I think the conclusion was that it would only be of interest to a limited number of subscribers.

It might eventually prove to be the case with the business one. It's a 'suck it and see' thing.

I for one would support a gaming forum wolfie!

Marko797 12:37 07 Feb 2008
  donki 12:45 07 Feb 2008

Ohhhhh this HOT potato again, have to say I agree with wolfie. Since my post back then there has been a Mobile Forum (which seems VERY quiet) and the new business one.

lisa02 12:58 07 Feb 2008

I'd like a Gaming Forum too.

There's 10 forums already... one more can't hurt.

babybell 13:05 07 Feb 2008

I would like a gaming forum too, one to vent my excitement on GTA IV that is soon for release!!!

Marko797 13:15 07 Feb 2008

the level of response to this thread, and what FE has to say. Fingers crossed everyone!

TopCat® 13:21 07 Feb 2008

If memory serves me correct then I believe the FE said, late last year, that some forum changes were in the pipeline for this year. Gaming is a increasingly popular pastime today so we could be lucky.

By the way, I propose wolfie3000 be promoted to moderator of it! :o) TC.

FungusBoggieman 13:37 07 Feb 2008

maybe if we show the FE that there are loads of gamers using this forum he may change his mind fingers x
come on gamers put your hands up

me for 1

donki 13:42 07 Feb 2008

My hand is waving about in the air as we speak, tell me when i can put it down! :P

Marko797 13:50 07 Feb 2008

whilst we're talkin 'games', that I eventually finished Far Cry (cue fanfare)!!
Had the game for years (I think it came out in 2004) but cud not get past a certain point in the game. To say it was buggin' me is putting it politely. However, the amazing happened, and sanity restored.

On a similar theme, also completed Halflife2 Episode 2. Great 2nd part of the episodic trilogy, and looking fwd to the final instalment.

Also completed FEAR Perseus Mandate, which was a great game too, although I haven't completed the bonus games/levels which you get once you have completed the PM game. There's no 'save' facility! Apparently there's a new one coming out later this year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)