Buried, cremated or poured down the drain?

oresome 16:33 18 Dec 2017

A local council is planning to install a resomator at one of it's crematorium. A body is reduced to liquid within 3 hours in the device and it claims to use less energy than a cremation.

Severn Trent have pulled the plug on the idea at the moment, refusing to give the council a licence for disposing of trade effluence down their drains.

click here

hssutton 16:56 18 Dec 2017

Personally I don't see a problem with alkaline hydrolysis, but no doubt some people will

Cymro. 17:01 18 Dec 2017

trade effluent Well that's one way of putting it I suppose. Personally I am all for donating my body to medical science. But as I will know nothing about it etc.

LastChip 17:03 18 Dec 2017

It seems to me, it doesn't matter much how we're disposed of - burying being the least attractive to me. Whichever causes the least mess.

As I understand it (may be wrong) cremation allows you that one last dignity of being clothed. I wonder if liquefying is the same.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:26 18 Dec 2017

I won't be in any state to care. :0(

However my family might and whatever method is used it needs to be shown as dignified. We don't always allow people a dignified death but we should allow a dignified funeral.

Aitchbee 17:42 18 Dec 2017

What's stopping them recycling the liquified remains back into the resomator for multiple runs, with a top up of alkali every now and then, so saving even more money. The overall cost of this type of burial would depend [in part] on the weight of the cadavers being dissolved so might be affordable for thin types.

hastelloy 18:14 18 Dec 2017

I will have no use for my body when I leave it so I have already arranged for it to go to the University for medical research/teaching purposes. I understand they dispose of the bits they've finished with in their incinerator.

bumpkin 19:26 18 Dec 2017

How about giant macerators.

Belatucadrus 22:37 18 Dec 2017

I rather fancy being buried and having a tree planted over me. Either that or be fired into deep space.

If they don't work out I may try the Fu Hou method, have my desiccated cadaver gold plated and put on display to become an object of religious devotion, possibly in the Manor Arms or maybe the local library.

wee eddie 23:31 18 Dec 2017

Soylent Green ~ By the time I go I expect that to be the fate of my remains

Belatucadrus 00:07 19 Dec 2017

Just remember Tuesday is Soylent Green day.

Oh yes it is Tuesday isn't it, Ooops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy 13 (2019) review

Call Me By Your Name and other queer film classics are celebrated in Aiste Stancikaite's prints…

Apple Watch Series 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Quel est le meilleur Mac pour un ├ętudiant ?