Broadband Down Up North

morddwyd 08:43 30 Oct 2010

Anybody else affected by this?

click here

I had no connection for all of the evening, but guessed it might be something fairly widespread as the BT Helpline was solidly engaged for about six hours!

Forum Editor 08:52 30 Oct 2010

a fact that was reflected in our traffic figures here, on the forum.

morddwyd 09:01 30 Oct 2010

Sounds a bit more widespread than this then!

"a temporary problem" affecting the Fair Isles, Northern Highlands and Islands area, as well as the Edinburgh area."

Quickbeam 11:17 30 Oct 2010

The Macbeth theory sounds good for Halloween... click here

mammak 12:15 30 Oct 2010

South West Scotland was also affected, we were with out Broadband from about 6pm.
I'm glad I had my Blackberry...

Macscouse 12:27 30 Oct 2010

Forumless in Nairn all evening. Had to converse with the Long Haired One.

morddwyd 15:24 30 Oct 2010

"affecting the Fair Isles, Northern Highlands and Islands area, as well as the Edinburgh area."

",Over seven million users couldt get on line"

Even including Edinburgh, that's a fairly large chunk of the population if the Highlands and Islands!

Does anyone still doubt that BT is the major stakeholder in telecomms infrastructure in this country?

morddwyd 07:44 31 Oct 2010

Oh good. The FE is right.

He must be so pleased that you have confirmed his opinion.

dagbladet 12:52 31 Oct 2010

morddwyd

There could be a dozen people saying the same thing and the acolytes will be ever so keen to point out "as FE correctly stated...blah". There are two in particular that are almost guaranteed to do it every time.

Forum Editor 13:16 31 Oct 2010

Before you use long words you might want to find out what they mean.

I'm not a priest.

Forum Editor 13:21 31 Oct 2010

with this constant sniping. It's done by the same people, and directed at the same target almost every time.

Here's a public warning - starting right now I am going to disable the registration of anyone who feels the need to post a totally unnecessary and spiteful comment along the lines of:-

"Oh good. The FE is right.
He must be so pleased that you have confirmed his opinion."

Such stuff is childish beyond belief, and it has gone on for too long. Previous warnings have been completely ignored, so I'm forced to issue this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Inside the new Apple Mac Pro: an in-depth look at Apple’s most powerful hardware yet

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Apple MacBook Pro 16 pouces : prix et fiche technique