Bing Advert

BT 17:03 26 Nov 2010

Is anyone else finding the background Bing advert extremely annoying. The forum page loads in and just as you are clicking on a post everything shifts down by about 4 or 5 lines resulting in the wrong post being selected!

muddypaws 21:17 05 Dec 2010

CurlyWhirly
See it on your link, but not from my own short cut

muddypaws 21:19 05 Dec 2010

Nor when I do a google for PCA.

CurlyWhirly 19:45 09 Dec 2010

I've seen the latest version of the ad (it's an Eset ad) and I have no problem with it as it doesn't make me feel sick like the previous versions as it doesn't scroll up and down the page !

As a result I will not bother to block it using NoScript.

CurlyWhirly 20:12 12 Dec 2010

I don't see any ads jumping about and I've not now got NoScript running !

BT 08:23 15 Dec 2010

The same as the Bing etc ads with the banner bit above the PCA masthead causing the page to jump downwards as it loads in late.
The animation seems to be causing the page to be very jumpy when scrolling, and to cap it all I'm getting a pop up window that says

"The page at w w w.esat.co.uk says
ReferenceError _gat is not defined"

Quickbeam 10:04 15 Dec 2010

but I've just downloaded NoScript from CurlyWhirly's earlier link. I just can't do with the non-synchronised scrolling that has me opening 3 or 4 wrong links as the page moves at the moment of pressing on the link.

A classic case of failed bank manager in the cupboard advertising that one.

Quickbeam 10:26 15 Dec 2010

I should've done this when CurlyWhirly first posted the link, it's like I've gone from 28kb dial-up to 50 smegs of broadband instantly. So it's staying installed now.

Jameslayer 17:48 15 Dec 2010

I wondered why I had installed no script again.

Anyone else get this message when first seeing teh advert.

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMScreen.width]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: click here :: anonymous :: line 2" data: no]

BT 08:40 16 Dec 2010

click here

What a difference!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

The true inspiration behind Mr. Mime in Detective Pikachu - and why it's so hard to keep Pokémon…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)