Biker jailed after filming himself riding at 189mp

Cymro. 11:16 20 Jul 2018

BBC link

Like all of us I hope I think this chap to be an idiot not just because of his driving but because he kept all the evidence on his computer. But then again I was thinking to myself just how much of a dangerous driver I had been in my younger days. Now I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume him to be a good and experienced rider on a well maintained machine in good driving conditions. I only wish it had been so when I first learnt to drive. Old clapped out banger only just about fit to pass it's MOT and driving with little if any regard for anyone including my own safety. Bad weather and dangerous driving conditions seen as more of a challenge then a risk. That's the way of it with younger drivers that's why they pay as much insurance as they do and rightly so. So now I wonder what is the point of this post perhaps it is just to remind us all well most of us who are willing to admit have been there done that etc.

Forum Editor 12:09 20 Jul 2018

"...it is just to remind us all well most of us who are willing to admit have been there done that etc."

I can see the point you're trying to make, but I doubt if any of us ever did anything as moronic as this person's escapades. I understand that he was riding a stolen bike at the time, so was uninsured - endangering the lives of other road users as well as his own.

Twenty-one months for such a crime seems too lenient to me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:11 20 Jul 2018

Always considered myself to be lucky to reach 21 without killing myself or serious injury. Rode like an idiot in my teens, add high diving, Base Jumping and Speedway riding, no wonder my knees hurt now.

Govan1x 12:26 20 Jul 2018

Well another crime the Police have solved. Bet they wish they were all as easy as this one.

Old Deuteronomy 13:59 20 Jul 2018

He's fortunate he didn't become a candidate for a Darwin Award.

BT 18:02 20 Jul 2018

The problem is not only the danger etc. to other people but the effect it could and does have on those people.

My Brother-in-law was a bus driver on a country route here in Norfolk and was involved in a head on accident with a biker driving far too fast on a country road. There was a dent in the front of the Bus the shape of the Bikers Helmet, who needless to say didn't survive the crash. My B-i-L gave up Bus driving shortly afterwards due to the lasting horrors it gave him.

bumpkin 20:39 20 Jul 2018

We were all young once and young people do do stupid things as I expect most of us did, that is the way it is.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9