Big black Wasp Climbing up my Window.

Govan1x 10:58 26 Dec 2016
Answered

Long storey, Went in for a shower yesterday and noticed this big black Wasp climbing up the inside of the Window it must have been 1" - 1.5" inches long I had never seen a black wasp before and never seen one as large and certainly had not seen one at this time of year.

Panicled a bit wondering what to do so pulled down the blind so as it could not get into the shower, it attached itself to the bling and made its way to the open window and flew out.

No buzzing sound from it when flapping its wings so just something I had never seen before.

It looks a bit like this one in the photo just looked like a giant Ant.Just wondering if it could have been blown off course with the high winds and landed here.

Click Here

HondaMan 11:23 26 Dec 2016

Not exactly the same as this, but I would notify the Department of EF&F asap.

Govan1x 13:24 26 Dec 2016

Not quite the same had a few large hornets in the house before and you can hear them before you see them. This one made no or very little sound and was jet black.

HondaMan

I would describe it as very large ant with wings. I only got the top view as it was climbing up the window and was not about to wait and see it fly.

Like I say it was very unusual and more so for the time of year. I can only assume something blown of course by the strong winds.

It did look very much like the one on the click here but there are quite a few that look similar so possibly not the one posted.

Govan1x 13:49 26 Dec 2016

Googled for photos of the Great Black Wasp and there are so many.

Quite a lot from the USA Canada and Mexico but I don't think that I am going to find a photo of the exact same one so may never solve the mystery.

Toneman 17:02 26 Dec 2016
Answer

Hornet come down the chimney covered in soot?

bumpkin 17:18 26 Dec 2016

Killer hornets brought here by terrorists, trained to sting selected victims most likely.

Govan1x 10:11 27 Dec 2016

Looks like there can be no answer to what the wasp was as there are quite a few to choose from, So will class post as closed.

Forum Editor 11:55 27 Dec 2016

"Looks like there can be no answer to what the wasp was"

There are several wasps, and even a few bees native to the UK that could have been what you saw. It might have been an Asian hornet, but at the moment the very few that have been seen have all been in the southern counties of England.

wee eddie 13:28 27 Dec 2016

The size suggests that it might be a Queen. Wherever its gone, it will be looking for a place to found its nest next year. Find it and kill it. You don't need a wasps nest in the house

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?