beer/wine/..??

charmingman 19:58 27 Apr 2007

so whats your beverage...?
this is purely Curiosity...
i love Guinness..or wine...maybe the Occasional Jim Bean or Johnnie Walker if ive got the time have a lovely Courvoisier....if its near end of month thenn its Larger..hehe

Jak_1 20:02 27 Apr 2007

Beer in the pub, red wine at home and occasionally a good dark rum (not the cooking rum found in pubs)or a gin & frollick.

Bingalau 20:19 27 Apr 2007

I think we have been through this before. But I will take this opportunity to once more advertise my favourite tipple. "Dark and Stormy" I like it best made with "Pussers Rum" and a good strong "Ginger Beer" either Jamaican Ginger Beer or Fentimans.
If you are going on the golf course in the winter then you will find a quick dose of this every other hole, bucks you up a treat and of course you have the added advantage of not knowing whether you have had a good score or otherwise... If you are teetotal then may I recommend a flask full of hot Bovril with a teaspoonful of pepper to warm you up every now and again.

georgemac © 20:23 27 Apr 2007

I like red wine a lot

other tipple is pint of lager and bacardi and coke

for a change like southern comfort and lemonade or Remy Martin VSOP cognac - in moderation

TOPCAT® 20:49 27 Apr 2007

My tipple is whisky, preferably a well-aged single malt whisky. No special favourite as all hit my palate with equal pleasure.

I just happen to have a fair measure by the side of me right now. Slangevar! (Good health!) TC.

interzone55 21:02 27 Apr 2007

In pubs my favourite tipple would have to be Timothy Taylors Landlord, followed by Guinness.

At home I like a nice glass or three of Rioja and to round off an evening there's nothing better than a glass of cask strength Ardbeg or Laphroig.

montyman 21:32 27 Apr 2007

ive tried foreign beers there amazing & i dont mean the likes of carlsberg ect i mean proper home made brews from the like of Antwerp ..u cant beat em..yum yum

Ranger 21:34 27 Apr 2007

Mostly Lager but will have a Malt whisky, preferably a peaty one like Laphroig

[email protected] 22:27 27 Apr 2007

a bottle of bitter lemon in a pint glass topped up with soda water and ice :(
it's very refreshing though :)
christmas, birthdays not a problem for me, but christ it's hard being a recovering alcoholic in the summertime, on hot sunny days i miss having a stella in a beer garden, problem was i always had to be carried out, after cashing cheques buying the whole pub drinks, upsetting the vast majority of the known universe and making myself violently ill!
oh happy days!:(
enjoy the sun and beer gardens, in moderation of course,')
adam

Bingalau 22:36 27 Apr 2007

adman 2. Well done, my deep admiration and please keep it up. I count myself as very lucky to have escaped becoming an alcoholic myself. I came pretty near to it at one stage when I was pub managing. I sometimes enjoy a nice tall glass of home made lemonade too. It takes me back to my childhood days, when mum used to chase us down the local park for the day, with a bottle of sugared water and a few jam butties.

[email protected] 23:03 27 Apr 2007

well, it's been quite a while now, but i still crave like crazy for about 10 minutes every hour or so, and in this time, i swear everythought i have ever had races round my head only lasts a couple of seconds, but concerns anyone in my company. but i was 39 this month and i had my family called to my bedside to wish me off when i was 36, a doctor has told me there are no records from someone surviving pancreatitus as many times as i had it, and i just passed my medical and was told im in good (ish) shape.
as i stated drinking very young in life some of my organs developed incorrectly. so i have regular checks/ scans for rogue cells every month.
i also have what my doc calls sudo diabetes, im allowed no sugar at all (3 mars bars a day, every day, between you and me!)
so things are pretty good i guess, i still dont go out too much, spend most of any free time i get bolting bits onto my pc, keeps me out of trouble, but i interviewed a man of my age yesterday, and questioned him on his social life, and realised my social life is very much on hold! one step at a time i suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?