Beauty revolution for U.K. men perhaps

Cymro. 10:56 05 Feb 2018

BBC link

So can you men on the Forum imagine yourselves using makeup? It is something that seems to come and go over the years and I remember as far back as the 1960s. when the so called "Mods" started to use makeup. Granted the story the link refers to is about men in South Korea but who knows how things will turn out here in the U.K.

Quickbeam 10:58 05 Feb 2018

I use Lypsyl regularly...does that count?

Cymro. 11:12 05 Feb 2018

Personally I have changed from traditional aftershave to aftershave balm as my original stuff irritated my skin too much. I notice my son uses skin conditioner for the same reason. I remember someone buying my father some aftershave many years ago. You can just imagine what he made of such things. But things do change sometimes very slowly but who can tell what men will be using in the future. Lipstick and eyeshadow perhaps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:36 05 Feb 2018

Men are spending almost as much as women on beauty produces personaly I don't think i need "enhancing" :op

Belatucadrus 13:44 05 Feb 2018

I calculated how much I'd need to spend to become an awesomely handsome hunk, unfortunately it turned out to be rather more than the gross national product of a medium sized African nation, so I just said sod it and turned the mirror to face the wall.

rickf 14:18 05 Feb 2018

Been using a moisturizing cream for ages. When in London I often come across young men with eye liner on. Seems the fashion nowadays.

Old Deuteronomy 16:28 05 Feb 2018

I trim my beard from time to time, only because I am not going for the ZZ Top look.

oresome 16:43 05 Feb 2018

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I look in the mirror and don't see a wrinkle.

My eyesight's terrible.

Quickbeam 16:51 05 Feb 2018

Belatucadrus

That reminds me of the Dolly Parton quip!

Menzie 17:16 05 Feb 2018

Vaseline Intensive Care - Cocoa Butter Lotion for my body.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly - For my lips in the winter.

Ultra Sheen Hair Oil - For my Hair

Degree (Sure to the UK) for Men Deodorant - Keeps me armpits smelling fresh all day.

That's my beauty regimen.

bumpkin 19:41 05 Feb 2018

Not much makeup for me just the stiletto heels and padded bra.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?