Bawdy men's night outs a thing of the past?

Al94 19:25 24 Jan 2018

I'm glad I had the opportunity to enjoy them in the past before the world went pc mad. Scandal hit club shuts Potential for £2m raised for worthy charities, hostesses told what to expect before signing up and one female reporter spoils it all. Given the publicity, I totally understand why charity trustees would decline or hand back money but did it really need to come to this? This and much worse happens weekly in clubs up and down the country.

x123 19:27 24 Jan 2018

and one female reporter spoils it all.

This is the 21st century.

Aitchbee 20:04 24 Jan 2018

They'll be cutting out the saucy bits in the classic Carry On Films 'n' I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue next.

bumpkin 20:56 24 Jan 2018

That sort of thing has always happened and will always do so, you can not legistate against human nature. As long as no harm is done then accept it as part of life.

Teabag. 21:02 24 Jan 2018

As long as no harm is done

As John McEnroe would say

daz60 02:22 25 Jan 2018

Would any of these men,or any male,like it if their daughters had to suffer because it was "expected of them".

Forum Editor 07:44 25 Jan 2018

"As long as no harm is done then accept it as part of life."

What a horrifying attitude.

As x123 pointed out earlier, this is the 21st century and sexual groping of girls at a charity event does not have to be accepted as 'part of life'. The men who did the groping (and in one case exposed himself) should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves - they are a total disgrace.

I find it hard to believe that there are still so-called adult men who think this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

oresome 09:38 25 Jan 2018

I'm not condoning the men's behaviour, but listening to the interview with the reporter, it was clear that many of the women present at least pretended to enjoy the bawdy behaviour, going as far as sitting on men's laps and were in fact using their attractiveness to their own advantage.

This is the problem with the sex issue. There is a very wide spectrum of what members of both sexes find acceptable behaviour or at least will tolerate in order to gain some advantage.

When applying for a job, what would you think if the colour of your underwear was specified? I think it would raise red flags for many.

Quickbeam 09:58 25 Jan 2018

Let's not forget that women can be just as bad too!

canarieslover 11:26 25 Jan 2018

Quickbeam - I've been on some Ladies Nights and I must say they didn't all behave as ladies!!

Cymro. 11:40 25 Jan 2018

THese men are just a load of Hooray Henrys. I imagine them to be the sort that frequent the Bullingdon Club that exclusive all-male dining club for Oxford University undergraduates. I dare say we all know who some of its members are.

I hope their mothers, daughters, wives get to find out the sort of things they get up to. What sort of age are they living in?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus