Hot Topics

Bad things come in Threes!

BT 18:18 05 Jul 2019
Answered

1st disaster. Got up Wednesday morning to find the large Double Glazing sealed unit in my bedroom window had self destructed during the night. The inner pane looked like an old fashioned car windscreen, shattered into several million pieces. Its gonna cost nearly £400 to replace. Chap came to measure up today.

2nd disaster. Just refilled my rice storage jar with 1KG of Jasmine Rice and hadn't fixed the lid properly resulting in about half of it ending up spread all over the kitchen floor and in Kitty's litter tray and food and water bowls.

3rd Disaster. Just waiting for it to happen!

oresome 19:46 05 Jul 2019

I presume the window was tempered glass which I believe is a requirement where there is a chance of someone walking into it, but £400 seems a bit steep.

As for the rice, you'll be finding bits of it forever more.

BT 08:32 06 Jul 2019

but £400 seems a bit steep.

All depends on the size I suppose and its quite large and that price includes VAT and fixing. Also its all a matter of volume, its probably cheaper to have lots of windows rather than a one off. Its a local business who can do it quickly. Some window companies have up to 8 weeks lead time for some reason. Thats how long it took for my Front door to be replaced.

morddwyd 09:37 06 Jul 2019

Well the window should be covered by your building insurance, and the rice, since the excess will already have bee covered by the window, by your contents insurance.

Your third disaster will probably be your insurance finding om mall print to reject the claim!

BT 09:04 08 Jul 2019

Well the window should be covered by your building insurance

Hopefully, but after excesses only about half the full amount probably, then you have to consider whether they will ramp up the premium next year. Still its easy enough the swap these days as I did a couple of years ago when SAGA decide to almost double my premium after 10 years even though I've never claimed. Changed to Tesco for near enough the old Saga premium and I can do it again.

morddwyd 09:14 08 Jul 2019

My thought that saga is all too often Soak And Gull the Aged!

There are usually better deals available.

BT 17:32 09 Jul 2019

Heres a quick solution for your current dilemma , why not accidently / on purpose break something you don't need , number 3 sorted !

You know what I actually dreamed No.3 last night. In my dream I dropped my favourite Coffee cup full of Coffee and made an unholy mess. Does that count?

john bunyan 19:47 09 Jul 2019

An old guy goes up to an attractive older lady in a bar. He says " Do I come here often?". (Taken from a longer version in Royal Marines Association e mail)

Slightly off subject, Sorry, I forgot!

Govan1x 23:35 09 Jul 2019

So far we have Trump & Boris & probably Corbyn makes three.It cant get any worse than that.

Menzie 12:54 11 Jul 2019

I don't get things in threes. I usually get something good and then something bad immediately follows it.

For instance quite a few years ago when I bought a brand new car and then on my first day out someone dented it while parked and of course ran off.

BT 09:07 12 Jul 2019

Had a bit of GOOD fortune to counter the bad. Took the Boss for her INR test (for Wafarin Monitoring) on Wednesday and mentioned to the Nurse that I had to go all the way to the Hospital for my Blood tests in advance of my appointment next week and she said, "I can do those for you if you come in early tomorrow morning" and gave me an appointment at 8.30. Saved me an hour each way to the Hospital (and an indeterminate wait) and I was back home by 9am.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Huawei Mate Xs could’ve been the first great big-screen foldable

Doodler Jon Burgerman has a great body (of work!)

Apple Arcade ain't what it used to be

Test : le Yoga C740 de Lenovo