Baby It's Cold Outside - Date Rape????????

qwbos 01:21 05 Dec 2018

Hot on the heels of the protest over a kids birthday party where the dress theme was cowboys and Indians, the Me Too brigade are at it again accusing Baby It's Cold Outside of representing date rape. Surprising really when so much contemporary rap music openly glorifies murder, misogyny and downright nastiness in general, yet that escapes their attention.

If they really want to get upset, why don't they protest about the starving children in Yemen, jump up and down about Khashoggi or march in protest about their presidents continued support for the man responsible for both the plight of the Yemenis and Khashoggi's murder. These are just a small sample - plenty others available. Or are such things too upsetting for them?

Maybe these snowflakes need to be shown evidence of what their age group was protesting about 50 years ago - the war in Vietnam and segregation - not a cleverly written and performed harmless ditty, with seduction and flirting in equal measures.

dagbladet 12:10 05 Dec 2018

I've never been a great studier of song lyrics. If I like a tune and the chords aren't too tricky I'll learn the song paying scant regards to the words. At occasional family gatherings I can sometimes be persuaded to get the guitar out and bash out a few popular tunes. A favourite singalong is 'you're sixteen'. Everybody joins in and as yet nobody has expressed an issue with a 60 year old man serenading a sixteen year old girl. Oh and don't even start me on Lola! (Kinks not Manillow).

wee eddie 12:31 05 Dec 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside - If those who are complaining had taken the trouble to watch the movie, they would have noticed that this song was then sung by another couple, with the roles reversed

Belatucadrus 13:57 05 Dec 2018

I think they should move their attention to another controversial tune from yesteryear, yes folks "The Chicken song" a tune that both promotes conspicuous Capitalism "Buy a Jumbo Jet" and advocates killing racial minorities "Behead an Eskimo".

Clearly a vile concoction of rampant greed and hate-speech.

Click Here for a copy of the lyrics.

Quickbeam 14:04 05 Dec 2018

Yeah...

Brumas 14:43 05 Dec 2018

I strongly believe that 'Tom Tom the piper's son, stole a pig and away he run' should be immediately banned in all nurseries, kindergartens and pre-schools as it openly advocates theft of an object offensive to the muslims and child-beating!

I'll get my coat....

Quickbeam 15:01 05 Dec 2018

Yeah...

Forum Editor 15:44 05 Dec 2018

In lots of ways society has become a sad and strange thing. Thankfully, it has become much better in many more ways.

Brumas 16:53 05 Dec 2018

Forum Editor, sorry Quickbeam, but Yeah ;o}

Aitchbee 17:09 05 Dec 2018

... wouldn't it be rather nice if everyone in-real-life communicated in song just like wot they did in the old musicals ... apart from when their mouths were otherwise engaged ie. whilst eating, drinking, smoking, kissing, sleeping, swimming underwater, etc etc etc.

Brumas 17:55 05 Dec 2018

Aitchbee, click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?