AVG 8 update now fixed

interzone55 12:35 17 Aug 2008

For everyone who's had problems with yesterday's update, it's now been fixed, so you should manually update...

Chegs ®™ 14:19 17 Aug 2008

My AVG 8 insisted that there was a .bin file missing and my PC was not protected so it was uninstalled and I now use Avast.I ran AVG for many years with no need of any intervention from me but this latest version ( 8 ) has been very problematic,has been very intrusive and caused my PC frequent slowdowns.This is approximately my 3rd time of uninstalling AVG 8 and enough is enough,I wont be returning to AVG.

Forum Editor 00:29 18 Aug 2008

received the 'a bin file is missing' message when they tried to update. The AVG forums had a message asking people to wait for a short time and then try the update again. As you say, all is now well, and the update servers have been running hot.

Si_L 01:03 18 Aug 2008

Is this one free or is 7.5 still the latest free AVG?

Forum Editor 01:10 18 Aug 2008

There's a free version 8 available.

Si_L 02:00 18 Aug 2008

Cheers FE. I found on the AVG site an offer with E-Music, whereby you sign up to their site, use it, and then they will give you the license number for a years full AVG 8.0. I took them up on the offer, used my 25 free downloads I get for joining and downloaded a couple of albums, and am currently installing it!

Ace :)

Si_L 14:11 18 Aug 2008

Forgot to add - you can cancel with Emusic the second your downloads finish, but if you don't do it in a week, they will charge you for next months downloads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)