Australia to UK Non-Stop !!

Pine Man 10:34 25 Mar 2018
Answered

click here hours on a plane!!!!!

I did 12 hours a few years ago and I vowed never again. More recently I found that 4 hours was getting too much and add that to the way you are treated at airports and I decided enough was enough.

Now we put our luggage into the car and 30 minutes later it is unloaded for us and taken straight to our cabin on our cruise ship. We pass through immigration in about 30 minutes, which is staffed by retired men and women who want to be their and make you very welcome.

I can understand that flying is necessary for some and particularly for business travel but for a holiday - no way!

Pine Man 10:36 25 Mar 2018

Wouldn't it be nice if you could correct spelling and other mistakes after you have posted your drivel?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 25 Mar 2018
Answer

Go sub orbital only takes a couple of hours to New York and not much longer to Melbourne click here click here I agree with your sentiments, hate airports spent six hours at Dussledorf for a 90min flight on Friday, chaos as the Easter holiday started in Germany and of course we will have the same thing in this country next Friday.

However

john bunyan 17:30 25 Mar 2018

I used to go to Brisbane or Sydney via Singapore. The flight to Singapore was 13 hours and to Brisbane or Sydney about 8 hours- total time 21 hours. Of course there was a gap or even a stop over in Singapore. If you want to end up in Sydney via the direct flight to Perth in 17 hours, it takes I think 41/2 hours to get to Sydney so total air time is 211/2 hours. Maybe my memory is wrong but as I like Singapore Airways I think if I were going to Sydney that I would still go via Singapore rather than Perth. No doubt FE is more up to date.

Archie44 18:04 25 Mar 2018

Some can handle 12 hours and some cant handle 12 hours pity about the Cricket team

crciket team

Govan1x 18:40 25 Mar 2018

It would take other planes the exact same time if did not have to stop and change planes. 2 hours walking about maybe getting a snack or a drink and a little exercise.

Probably more beneficial for the passengers than the long hall flight without stopping.

My Daughter got back today from Perth. Nice flight home she said. And that was with the usual stop on the way back.

morddwyd 20:04 25 Mar 2018

16 hours 35 minutes is the longest I have done, Cornwall to the Azores.

It was only supposed to take six but we saw a Sverdlov class where no one expected one to be and we had to shadow it for ten hours while surveillance was arranged!

Every weapon on the ship being trained on you as you circled (it was the 60's) stopped you getting too bored!

Aitchbee 20:07 25 Mar 2018

High-earning sporty types, from the worlds of tennis, golf, cricket, formula 1, etc will be queuing up to get on board.

Old Deuteronomy 20:25 25 Mar 2018

I can think of few things I would less like to do, than spend 17 hours cooped up on a plane.

bumpkin 21:41 25 Mar 2018

Long haul flights are never any fun even if you go first class like FE but I would doubt that he is keen on them either.

Forum Editor 22:25 25 Mar 2018

"even if you go first class like FE but I would doubt that he is keen on them either."

Even if I could afford to travel First Class I wouldn't. Business class is very good.

I'm not going to say that I love long-haul flights, but I have grown used to them, and I have my own coping mechanisms for making it less arduous. I shall be doing a long-haul in a couple of weeks' time - for me it's the only way to travel. I can think of nothing worse than going on a cruise ship.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple