Attention seeking :-)

mammak 22:16 01 Sep 2008

What is the most annoying thing your Child has ever done to get your attention?

Just the other day, my Eleven year old Daughter was rather fed-up with Mum laying carpets... time consuming I know,

so to get my attention, she presented me with a computer screen that was upside down :-(

I did a quick System Restore,to save some time,
but later on after a bit of searching Google, I found out her trick, ctrl + alt + up or down arrow.....I never knew that! (I actually thought it was a graphics problem - from some game or something) It seemingly only works on XP, that will teach me not to spend quality time with my Child.

lotvic 22:20 01 Sep 2008

I thought, that's a good trick, but it doesn't work for me :(
(XP MCE)

Strawballs 22:22 01 Sep 2008

That only works if the graphics is set up to do that, it also works in Win 2000 we do it to some of the others at work sometimes for a laugh mind you the IT dept get fed up with having to do remote assistance to show them how to get it back to normal

mammak 22:31 01 Sep 2008

And your an Adult Strawballs right :-)

the funniest part was myself trying to get to System restore with an upside down screen.

Strawballs 22:56 01 Sep 2008

I take it you hav'nt got the hang of standing on your head ;-)

Stuartli 23:37 01 Sep 2008

Shoot the child...:-)

Seriously, your daughter is young enough to take in the majority of information fired at her and it's the best time to take up what ever proves of particular interest; the brain absorbs information like a sponge.

In later life it could very well form the basis of a life long career - something I know very well in the case of both my offspring.

lotvic 00:19 02 Sep 2008

much sympathy for the future

laurie53 10:48 02 Sep 2008

To answer the initial question, lifted up my (hung over) eyelid at about 7.00 am on a Sunday morning while enquiring "Are you in there Daddy?"

Diemmess 18:06 02 Sep 2008

Our youngest, now 43 was taught to read by his elder sister (45) when he was below school age and flatly refused to go to the very new playgroup.

After a year or two we discovered he could read equally well upside down or rightway round, because most of his demonstration "tuition" had been from using what space was available on his knees facing his sister who was doing the reading to him.

He can still read quite small text upside down. An affable sort of guy, woe betide anyone trying to keep him from seeing the small print!

mammak 21:25 02 Sep 2008

Gridd,what a lovely child...you didn't have guests at the time did you? :-)

alan 14, what a remarkable story....about the young girl.
Strangely enough although I made light jest about my experience....in my earlier post, regarding navigating to system restore with an upside down screen,
it was in fact a very difficult manoeuvre,the strangest thing was trying to work the mouse, I had no control over it at all!

we really do take so much for granted.

mammak 22:15 02 Sep 2008

I am so glad Vista doesn't have that feature!

I thought I knew about most of XP features... but alas not this particular one :-)

If she had done something similar on Vista then I might have had emigrate to Australia to post lol,

I have only recently became comfortable using Vista myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Stadia review

When 12 countries take on the same brief in a globalised world

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Les meilleurs bracelets connect├ęs (2019)