ARGOS have they gone under..?

charmingman 23:38 18 Jun 2008

Anyone know whats going on with there website or have they gone under..??

click here

WhiteTruckMan 23:43 18 Jun 2008

they are having IT problems. Were it p[lanned maintenance etc they would probably say so, and would have a rough idea when it would be back up.

WTM

Blackhat 23:44 18 Jun 2008

Could it relate to this.

click here

Sainsbury's has suspended its online grocery service.

Forum Editor 23:51 18 Jun 2008

The commpany produces around 80% of the profit made by the Home Retail Group of which it is part, and easily outperforms other group businesses - like Homebase.

There's possibly a technical glitch - the site is very heavily used, producing about a quarter of all Argos sales.

Forum Editor 23:52 18 Jun 2008

The Sainsbury online shopping site suffered a major database glitch, and had to be taken offline for repair.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:15 19 Jun 2008

I can see how conspiracy theories start.

G

birdface 07:42 19 Jun 2008

Click here working ok for me.

Legolas 07:50 19 Jun 2008

Working OK now.

Stuartli 09:22 19 Jun 2008

That made me smile - Argos has just opened a second big branch in my town, which has a population of around 80,000; the original branch is always busy whatever the day of the week.

As the FE points out, it's a very successful business with excellent customer after sales service.

Cymro. 11:02 19 Jun 2008

"the FE points out, it's a very successful business with excellent customer after sales service".

I have used them several times over the years and always found their policy on returning good back to the shop to be very good. I never had any problem with them and they always accepted returned goods without any questions asked.

birdface 11:20 19 Jun 2008

Mind you if you look at the sale items.It says looking for a good deal for Xmas.So looks like they will be here for a while yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?