Are you sympathetic or do you think it's daft

Belatucadrus 00:18 30 Nov 2018
Answered

Would you name your child Abcde and then be surprised and hurt when people laughed.

Now I would always consider how a child's name is going to be perceived by their peers and outsiders and avoid anything contentious. Something Qwertyuiop, Asdfghjkl and Zxcvbnm are grateful for.

Click Here

Quickbeam 06:19 30 Nov 2018

The apology is no doubt a reaction to the PC police.

It's a daft name, but like the boy named Sue, it might make her strong... or maybe not.

Quickbeam 06:33 30 Nov 2018

Abcde (ab-si-dee), rhymes with tragedy...

BT 09:10 30 Nov 2018

It seems to be a common trend in the US for stupid names to be 'invented' especially amongst the African American community. Just watch a couple of episodes of Judge Judy to see some very weird names.

Old Deuteronomy 12:33 30 Nov 2018

The parents can complain all they like but, will they take responsibility for heir own failure to consider the child's welfare when naming her?

Of course they won't.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:36 30 Nov 2018

Makes you question if they are fit to have children?

Probably not a brain cell between them.

I feel sorry for the child, children can be very hurtful and will use any reason to be spiteful.

Aitchbee 20:15 30 Nov 2018

The parents should have interspersed a few numbers 'n' symbols to the child's christian name ... for added security.

Aitchbee 20:22 30 Nov 2018

for instance

A+(b-c)=d*e

bumpkin 20:38 30 Nov 2018

do you think it's daft

I don't think it is daft at all, completely stupid would be a more appropriate description.

Aitchbee 20:58 30 Nov 2018

Off subject but a very soon to be born bundle-of-joy in my family's circle has been referred to [past 8 months] as Dauson which I think is quite a clever workaround. [ie, it could be a daughter or a son].

bumpkin 22:24 30 Nov 2018

* I think is quite a clever workaround. *

Yes it is as long as they don't name the child such especially if their surname is Dawson:-)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable