Are you having a street party to congratulate the Royal couple?

Forum Editor 10:38 04 Dec 2012
Answered

I saw a newspaper article that described the news as introducing a shaft of light as the year's golden glow was fading.

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

onthelimit1 10:40 04 Dec 2012

Street party? No point - everyone would throw up to keep Katherine company!

Nontek 11:11 04 Dec 2012

Sorry, but Ha Ha Ha LoL ....

Quickbeam 11:22 04 Dec 2012

Err, nope, and whats with the FE showing cynicism in public?

Quickbeam 11:59 04 Dec 2012

The full 9 month term for a ban will be needed on this one, there won't be a day now without the papers finding two or three pages to pad the rags out!

Forum Editor 13:28 04 Dec 2012
Answer

Bing.alau

Kate is suffering from Hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a rare and potentially dangerous form of the 'morning sickness' that women often experience in the early months of a pregnancy.

The dangers are dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, and weight loss - sufferers commonly lose 10% of their body weight. A trip to hospital is a normal procedure - the condition can be very dangerous if not treated promptly.

Kate must be feeling dreadful, and my cynicism wasn't directed at her - she seems to be a nice enough person, and your first child is always a big thrill. I just can't bear the way the media go into hyper-drive within hours of these announcements.

Aitchbee 14:49 04 Dec 2012

It's 66/1 Kate has twins with red hair ... that looks a good bet!

spuds 14:56 04 Dec 2012

I wonder how many council's are working out the going rate and preparations for street party licences and requirements at this very moment?.

Forum Editor 16:28 04 Dec 2012

Chronos the 2nd

The press have "faced all sorts of scurrilous accusations recently" because some newspaper employees have acted illegally. We shouldn't show even a scrap of tolerance towards them for that.

My comment wasn't about all that in any case, it was simply an expression of my personal opinion - the sickly way that some papers deal with stories of Royal engagements/marriages/pregnancies/births turns my stomach, that's all.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 04 Dec 2012

Why do the press have this fixation on Royal (good news) and Street party?

I have a perfectly good Garden, the Royals are invited to attend my garden party if they wish.

:0)

caccy 16:52 04 Dec 2012

Yawn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale