Are you having a street party to congratulate the Royal couple?

Forum Editor 10:38 04 Dec 2012
Answered

I saw a newspaper article that described the news as introducing a shaft of light as the year's golden glow was fading.

I'm sure that - like me - you're all too excited to think straight at the moment.

onthelimit1 10:40 04 Dec 2012

Street party? No point - everyone would throw up to keep Katherine company!

rdave13 10:51 04 Dec 2012

It's simply amazing news. A women gets pregnant. Well-I-never....

Nontek 11:11 04 Dec 2012

Sorry, but Ha Ha Ha LoL ....

Quickbeam 11:22 04 Dec 2012

Err, nope, and whats with the FE showing cynicism in public?

Quickbeam 11:59 04 Dec 2012

The full 9 month term for a ban will be needed on this one, there won't be a day now without the papers finding two or three pages to pad the rags out!

Forum Editor 13:28 04 Dec 2012
Answer

Bing.alau

Kate is suffering from Hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a rare and potentially dangerous form of the 'morning sickness' that women often experience in the early months of a pregnancy.

The dangers are dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, and weight loss - sufferers commonly lose 10% of their body weight. A trip to hospital is a normal procedure - the condition can be very dangerous if not treated promptly.

Kate must be feeling dreadful, and my cynicism wasn't directed at her - she seems to be a nice enough person, and your first child is always a big thrill. I just can't bear the way the media go into hyper-drive within hours of these announcements.

Aitchbee 14:49 04 Dec 2012

It's 66/1 Kate has twins with red hair ... that looks a good bet!

spuds 14:56 04 Dec 2012

I wonder how many council's are working out the going rate and preparations for street party licences and requirements at this very moment?.

Forum Editor 16:28 04 Dec 2012

Chronos the 2nd

The press have "faced all sorts of scurrilous accusations recently" because some newspaper employees have acted illegally. We shouldn't show even a scrap of tolerance towards them for that.

My comment wasn't about all that in any case, it was simply an expression of my personal opinion - the sickly way that some papers deal with stories of Royal engagements/marriages/pregnancies/births turns my stomach, that's all.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 04 Dec 2012

Why do the press have this fixation on Royal (good news) and Street party?

I have a perfectly good Garden, the Royals are invited to attend my garden party if they wish.

:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?