Are there different degrees of stupidity.

bumpkin 19:13 19 Aug 2018

I refer to those that know nothing about their jobs so say anything that comes to mind. The chemist that can never get the prescription right no matter how many times explained or those that buy highpowered cars that they can't afford and then try to see how much smoke they can make by burning the tyres.

wee eddie 20:03 19 Aug 2018

One assumes that it's the Chemist who has aroused your ire?

Aitchbee 20:20 19 Aug 2018

I sometimes get letters with a completely different surname [not mine] and also a different street number [not mine] delivered by the postman. I can understand that they are always in a hurry and can make mistakes occasionally but I don't consider them stupid.

... a bigger, brighter nameplate on my outside door might be the answer.

Forum Editor 22:30 19 Aug 2018

Chemists normally provide whatever it is that the GP has prescribed. I can't see any connection with people who buy high-powered cars.

Quickbeam 08:01 20 Aug 2018

Beware of rogue pharmacists in Ferraris burning rubber donuts...

BT 08:59 20 Aug 2018

... a bigger, brighter nameplate on my outside door might be the answer.

Won't make a lot of difference. Royal Mail failed to deliver a parcel and their excuse was that they "couldn't find my address". My house is directly behind the roadside street name sign and I have one of those modern house number signs with both the number and street name on it. I suggested that the van drivers be supplied with an A TO Z

I often get a call from the Tesco delivery driver saying " I'm outside your house but no-one is answering the door". He's normally outside a house with the same number in a different road. This is usually because the Multi purpose handheld (Phone,Satnav,etc.) which they use has some serious operational problems according to the drivers

alanrwood 09:45 20 Aug 2018

Same here. New delivery drivers always end up at the other end of the village because the sat nav says that is where my post code is. Am now waiting for a correctly addressed parcel to be redelivered by DHL. Fingers crossed.

bumpkin 14:45 20 Aug 2018

Beware of rogue pharmacists in Ferraris burning rubber donuts...

I was refering to those that can't afford it no greedy phamacists on £200K a year.

dagbladet 15:45 20 Aug 2018

Standing outside the gorilla enclosure while beating your chest and howling is a bit stupid. Standing inside the gorilla enclosure while beating your chest and howling is incredibly stupid. Do I win a fiver?

geoff96 16:01 20 Aug 2018

dagbladet

No. But you win a prize for the most coherent answer.

A banana.

oresome 17:25 20 Aug 2018

The chemist asked if I would complete a survey.

One question was how many units of alcohol I consumed in a week. I asked what a unit of alcohol represented in terms of pints of beer, glasses of wine etc. She didn't know but guessed at one unit being a pint of beer.

(It's actually nearer three)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs