Anybody here a Game of Thrones fan?

Flak999 14:01 14 Apr 2019

I for one certainly am! Just finished re-watching the last episode of season seven in preparation for tomorrow. Winter is coming! :-)

Forum Editor 09:20 15 Apr 2019

morddwyd

"When it got to a four year old watching,a couple making love in a barn I realised it was not my idea of entertainment!"

There is a very great deal more to it than that, or I would certainly not be a fan. The writer (George RR Martin) says that he based the original story on medieval European history, and on The War of the Roses in particular.

The last series averaged 31 million viewers per episode, and overall the show looks set to become the most popular TV series ever made.

Forum Editor 09:29 15 Apr 2019

Flak999

"I am surprised at myself really as it's not the sort of genre I would normally watch."

Likewise. It took a couple of episodes to make me realise that the quality of the writing and the production values were far superior to other fantasy productions, to say nothing of the special effects - those dragons are in a league of their own.

I had my doubts at first, and there have been a few wobbles along the way but overall it is certainly one of the best entertainment programmes I have ever seen.

Ken Thesparky 09:44 15 Apr 2019

No.

morddwyd 11:28 15 Apr 2019

There is a very great deal more to it than that,

I don't doubt it, but the clock that once strikes thirteen is forever suspect.

Flak999 18:46 15 Apr 2019

Forum Editor

" overall it is certainly one of the best entertainment programmes I have ever seen."

Me too! Well, first episode of season eight watched and thoroughly enjoyed, what an opener! This series is going to be a hard act to follow.

Quickbeam 20:02 15 Apr 2019

A little taster of some of the book scenes that were too gruesome to use on TV...

Forum Editor 22:48 15 Apr 2019

"This series is going to be a hard act to follow."

Other things are already in production - remember that Filming on this series of Game of Thrones finished almost nine months ago.

BT 08:59 16 Apr 2019

No. As Sky refuse to license Sky Atlantic to other providers and as I'm on Virgin, I can't watch it, and I'm certainly not paying £7.99 for NowTV (a Sky service) just to watch it.

Quickbeam 16:58 16 Apr 2019

I'm a DVD watcher BT. That should be out in the autumn and until the last 3 series I knew what was coming as I'd already done the books.

The last two books are awaiting publication, but however the TV series ends, it's not necessarily going to be the same as the book, There are sufficient loose ends that TV has dropped and overly simplified, but need finishing off properly in the books.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs