Anybody here a Game of Thrones fan?

Flak999 14:01 14 Apr 2019

I for one certainly am! Just finished re-watching the last episode of season seven in preparation for tomorrow. Winter is coming! :-)

Forum Editor 15:27 14 Apr 2019

"Just finished re-watching the last episode of season seven in preparation for tomorrow."

My wife and I are just about to do exactly the same thing.

wee eddie 15:52 14 Apr 2019

I loved it, even though I have only ever seen it just the once, about half an hour of a single episode

Aitchbee 16:36 14 Apr 2019

I am up to series 6 having watched all of it on borrowed library dvds. The unabridged audiobook versions of the original books, narrated by the late, great character actor Roy Dotrice [when he was well into his eighties] are also very good.

Forum Editor 17:52 14 Apr 2019

Suitably reminded of how things were left at the end of the last series, we are now ready for tomorrow's first episode of the final series.

morddwyd 19:25 14 Apr 2019

Started to watch one of the early ones.

When it got to a four year old watching,a couple making love in a barn I realised it was not my idea of entertainment!

Flak999 19:38 14 Apr 2019

Forum Editor

"Suitably reminded of how things were left at the end of the last series, we are now ready for tomorrow's first episode of the final series."

Yep, me too! Funny isn't it how some TV can just grip you from the first episode? I am surprised at myself really as it's not the sort of genre I would normally watch.

Quickbeam 21:00 14 Apr 2019

Yes, but not being a Sky subscriber, I'll be waiting for the DVD release.

And I'm still annoyed that the last two books are not yet ready for publication!

Quickbeam 07:27 15 Apr 2019

" I am surprised at myself really as it's not the sort of genre I would normally watch."

I think the reason for the great success is that the whole story can relate to real historical events, battles, political, personal etc. The characters can relate to famous greats from all the the worlds great civilisations and religions from all continents over the millennia. RR Martin has a very sound understanding of history.

...or maybe it's just the gratuitous sex, nudity, cruelty and violence that's the attraction!

Quickbeam 07:32 15 Apr 2019

...and not forgetting that he also draws from all the worlds great mythologies. My favourite plot line being Brandon Stark one that is directly linked to the Norns in Norse mythology.

Quickbeam 07:47 15 Apr 2019

And if you're really sad, there is hours of animated GOT back history story line available on You Tube to while away wet Saturday afternoons...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Disintegration preview

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Apple Watch Series 5 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs