Anybody else see Lucy and the fibs?

qwbos 15:18 15 Feb 2019

Lucy Worsley was back with British History's Biggest Fibs on BBC4 on Tuesday. Just as good as the previous series and just goes to show that the truth will rarely win against a good story.

As if to prove her thesis, hidden away in the recesses of news today is an update on the Ross Thomson MP sexual harassment allegation. According to The Times, the complaint was "from a third party present in the bar at the time of the alleged incident, thought to be an SNP researcher", and it appears that all investigations have been dropped.

But the headlines have far exceeded any likely coverage of the outcome. Meantime, persons unknown, but in all probability SNP activists, mounted a campaign of abuse towards Mr Thomson's staff, mounting banners (professional standard) in various sites around the constituency.

A bit like Richard 3 and Henry 4 supporters who are apparently still arguing.

Quickbeam 17:08 15 Feb 2019

I did, but unlike the American one, we're pretty much familiar with our own fibs.

john bunyan 17:14 15 Feb 2019

Enjoyed it. I think she had 14 costume changes.

Quickbeam 17:31 15 Feb 2019

She looked stunning in the Elizabeth 1 costume!

Quickbeam 17:37 15 Feb 2019
  Aitchbee 21:22 15 Feb 2019

"Yer high-neck-decoupage-collar is a right turnoff yer Majesty." [why did no one mention this to her, I wonder]

[re Second picture down]

Forum Editor 11:44 17 Feb 2019

When I read your title, I thought there was a new band I hadn't heard of.

Pine Man 12:54 17 Feb 2019

I thought there was a new band I hadn't heard of.

Me too!

qwbos 01:51 18 Feb 2019

When I read your title, I thought there was a new band I hadn't heard of.

Given her penchant for dressing up, Lucy Worsley would make an excellent Debbie Harry lookalike, and given her subject matter, Parallel Lines could be an appropriate album title.

john bunyan 09:19 18 Feb 2019

She and Michael Portillo could share a railway history programme as long as they had a “costume “ wagon or two attached

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Apple TV+ : date de sortie, prix et catalogue