Hot Topics

Any GiffGaff clients here?

rickf 09:32 10 Jun 2020

Are unused credits carried over each month on Giff Gaff?

john bunyan 12:52 17 Jun 2020

Quizman

Here's a link

Keep no on Giff Gaff

john bunyan 12:56 17 Jun 2020

That may be an old link. I'm sure I did it easier - wait a bit for more replies

alanrwood 13:16 17 Jun 2020

Qiizman

If it is only an emergency phone why have a contract. I would have thought you would save quite a sum by just having a cheap Pay as You Go sim.

Taff™ 13:17 17 Jun 2020

Quizman!

No problem. Can you PM me and I will sort personally. GG members have a referral scheme as well and we both benefit! Let me know when your contract ends and your personal details. (Phone, address and anything else you need me to consider)

I will send you a personal SIM card exclusive to you with activation details.

Taff™ 13:36 17 Jun 2020

Alanrwood

You don't ever have a contract with GG

You can either:

Just add money to your credit manually or automatically top it up £10 at a time which is the equivalent to PAYG but no need to go to a shop or do it online

Buy a monthly package (Goodybag) and do that manually or Automatically and even change your chosen Goodybag on a monthly basis with no penalty. If your useage increases you can bring the next one in earlier too at perhaps a higher level?

Hope that helps!

QuizMan 13:54 17 Jun 2020

Thank you Gentleman, you have been most helpful (and apologies to rickf for the hi-jack). Alanrwood - I used the "emergency phone" description loosely. Second phone might have been better. It is much smaller so is easier to carry around on the rare occasions that I need that so the small amount of data in the £6pm is useful. Taff - many thanks for that kind offer that I would like to take you up on. I'll message you when I can use my PC as I find that easier. That should be later today.

Taff™ 17:19 17 Jun 2020

Made contact!

alanrwood 18:22 17 Jun 2020

Hi Taff

Yes of course you are correct in a strict sense. However if you set to auto update your goodybag it is just the same as having a contract as they only last for a month. My point was that PAYG would be cheaper by a long way on an emergency phone which gets very little use.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Marco Oggian's Dreams and Nightmares explores our global anxiety in 2020

Leaked iPhone 12 photos reveal mystery magnets

AirPods : comment résoudre un problème de connexion ?