I recall my neighbour telling of her, her husband and some friends doing this years ago when on holiday in Scotland. She and her friends were extremely ill but eventually recovered. Her husband lost his kidneys and almost his career as a surgeon.
So far as I am aware, there are no poisonous varieties that look like, and share the same habitat and season, , as field mushrooms.
Anything generally small, very white, bulbous, with delicate attractive pink gills, and appearing overnight in short cropped open grassland for a short season in Sept/Oct has so far proved safe to eat or me, and I started picking when I was about 4 and used to go out and pick a bowlful for family breakfast.
Comparing them with "safe" supermarket ones is like comparing battery eggs with the ones I used to pinch from under the hens on my way back!