another year and another xmas

carver 09:34 20 Dec 2018

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been visiting the site to often recently but personal circumstances these last couple of years have been a bit difficult but may I just say Merry xmas to all and everyone, there are some wonderful people on this site who have helped me and other people and it's been very appreciated. This is the second xmas I will have achieved since being diagnosed with terminal cancer (don't talk about it). Hopefully I may see next xmas and if I do then that is a bonus. But and it's a big BUT in the time I have been having treatment life has taught me that there is no guarantee there will be a tomorrow. So enjoy today, tell the family how much you love them because you may not have the chance tomorrow. Anyway once again Merry Christmas and may you all have a wonderful new year.

Brumas 10:39 20 Dec 2018

carver, there is nothing I can say that you wouldn't have heard before but hope springs eternal and please accept all our very best wishes - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year old pal.

Aitchbee 10:51 20 Dec 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, carver. We all should follow your advice and be mindful that life is very precious.

A Happy Christmas to you.

click here

csqwared 15:44 20 Dec 2018

I can only reiterate the sentiments of Brumas and Aitchbee. All the best old chum.

KEITH 1955 16:07 20 Dec 2018

life is a bitch and I say its a good job we don't know what tomorrow will bring , this was brought home to me 3 weeks ago , a woman I work with went home 3 weeks ago and died over the weekend she was not even ill , I was the last person to find out when I went back to work the following week as I am the only one not on facebook !

She was only 56 , I have lots so many people over the last year that I now say sod it if I can afford it I am having it.

After big ben strikes at new year I always go outside and raise a glass to them all , you are still around but just in case I will add your name to my list.

Flak999 17:39 20 Dec 2018

carver

Same from me, best wishes to you and yours. We none of us know what's round the corner.

Forum Editor 17:54 20 Dec 2018

I wish you all the very best Carver, and I look forward to wishing you a Happy Christmas next year.

BT 09:26 22 Dec 2018

As a number of you have said you never know whats around the next corner. I had news a few months back that someone I had worked with for over 20 years had fallen to the big C. He had always been a very fit person. Always ate healthy food ( at the insistance of his Wife), and had run the London Marathon several times. He was younger than me and contracted aggresive Liver Cancer which took him in just a few months.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 review

Apple has upgraded the iMac to make it twice as fast – and given the iMac Pro a quiet bump too

New iMac 2019 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

iMac 2019 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique