Hot Topics

Another mad gunslingin' shooting in the USA

Quickbeam 08:14 03 Dec 2015

I hear...

God bless America.

Quickbeam 22:34 09 Dec 2015

"“Be Aware & Armed, CARRY YOUR GUN.” She later threatened to fly to Paris and shoot Syrian refugees “in the head”."

If it was a Moslem that was saying that, we'd say that they were radicalised...

spuds 10:46 11 Dec 2015

"She later threatened to fly to Paris and shoot Syrian refugees “in the head”."

When was the last time an American went to France and shot someone. I don't have the answer to that, but I suspect, plenty of American's were in Europe, and elsewhere, during WW2, doing exactly that.

Forum Editor 10:18 12 Dec 2015

"....plenty of American's were in Europe, and elsewhere, during WW2, doing exactly that."

And a good job too. We would have been in very dire trouble without help from American troops in World War II.

Devil Fish 02:43 13 Dec 2015

criminals carry guns households carry guns to protect themselves from the criminals with guns.America is awash with guns. NRA all powerful lobby group love their guns.If several mass murders are not enough to change that attitude the vicious circle will just revolve seems strange to us but not Americans.who are we to judge

spuds 10:24 13 Dec 2015

Devil Fish

You only need to do a simple Google search, to see how many homicides take place in any major city, in the USA on a daily basis. So the odd massacre here or there isn't going to make much difference to the way some American's think.

Just fancy that happening here in the UK, and how the public would react, that the government was not doing enough, in protecting its people!.

The problem is, like I said earlier, its a knee jerk reaction based on speed, with very little consultation.

spuds 10:26 13 Dec 2015

My last paragraph at 10.24AM applied to the UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?