Another "lottery win"

realist 10:06 15 Dec 2007

Received a very official looking letter from Correos, Malaga in the mail today informing me ,with much pleasure, that I've won £715,810 in the La Primitiva Sweepstake Lottery, being one of only seventeen international winners selected at random.

All I need do is fill out their form giving ALL my Bank details and they'll send me my winnings!

Oh dear, just noticed that a "payment of tax clearance certificate is required from every beneficiary" and my claima agent, Senor Emmanelo Gomez, gets 10% of my winnings!

Quickbeam 11:09 15 Dec 2007

Not only do they want to clear your bank account out, but they want 10% of an imaginary bugger all win!

User-1159794 11:12 15 Dec 2007

Its a small world.Who would have thought that two members of the same forum could win the same lottery at the same time.
What are the odds of that happening.
I see early retirement for me.

crosstrainer 11:16 15 Dec 2007

I had the same thing today...official looking air-mail envelope etc. etc.

Did you enter the lottery...

No.

Bin it, it's a scam that has been going around for a while.

Aah the good old day's without all this muck :)

Cymro. 12:15 15 Dec 2007

There must be a profit in these things for the people who send them. I wonder how much they actually make on such a scam?

There was a posting some time ago on this forum about junk-mail. Someone connected with the junk-mail industry posted that they only needed a 10% reply rate to make it worth their while.

No I am not thinking about going in to such a business, but as people are getting more aware of the crooks then it makes me wonder just how many are actually being born every minute these days?

crosstrainer 12:33 15 Dec 2007

Yep, if you get 1 in 10 to pay 150 e To " claim your prize" that pay's them.

money

octal 12:39 15 Dec 2007

I did post a similar one a few days ago.
click here

Bingalau 12:40 15 Dec 2007

Plus, they have all their bank details. How thick can people be?

crosstrainer 13:02 15 Dec 2007

The elderly, the vunerable, those that do not have computers, who, at this time of year regard this type of communication as a godsend.

Totally-braindead 15:16 15 Dec 2007

Congratulations, just in time for Xmas.

birdface 15:47 15 Dec 2007

Just as a matter of interest are you also a pensioner,As most of us that are receiving those letters and e-mails are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?