annoying constant video ads on screen

bumpkin 20:33 23 Feb 2018

What will stop the annoying video window on the bottom right of my screen when using this site. Usualy starts with a guy with a beard followed by more dross. Adbloc won.t do it. Any suggestions please.

john bunyan 18:47 28 Feb 2018

*Forum Editor *

I think it a great shame that there seems to be an inevitable slide to web only magazines and even newspapers. I buy a daily newspaper and my Sunday Times lasts till Monday. Similarly I prefer books to Kindle et al, but I am a (literally) dying species. Journalists have always been a breed apart and I suspect will somehow be different for on line media. I share sadness along with the violins!

bumpkin 20:02 28 Feb 2018

I appreciate the need for advertising revenue but the constant flickering of the recent video ads is irritating. Having no desire to view the same things repeatedly it would be better if they could be closed without constantly coming back in my opinion. Of course magazines and newspapers rely on advertising but you don't see the same ads on every page.

Aitchbee 21:05 02 Mar 2018

It's all quiet at the moment, on the bottom right hand of screen.

sallink 09:06 05 Mar 2018

"I buy a daily newspaper and my Sunday Times lasts till Monday. Similarly I prefer books to Kindle et al, but I am a (literally) dying species. Journalists have always been a breed apart and I suspect will somehow be different for on line media." The newspapers are unfortunately dying because they cant keep up with technology, most of the small newspapers have shut down even if they had a long 100 year tradition. Technology has pushed the market online and they didn't manage. (I worked in one)Its usually insufficient funds, lack of knowledge about technology and everything that goes with it, sure way to disaster. The ones who payed attention and moved online, are doing the same thing a regular newspaper would do, sell advertising space. I dont see nothing wrong with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)