annoying constant video ads on screen

bumpkin 20:33 23 Feb 2018

What will stop the annoying video window on the bottom right of my screen when using this site. Usualy starts with a guy with a beard followed by more dross. Adbloc won.t do it. Any suggestions please.

Old Deuteronomy 20:39 23 Feb 2018

I use AdBlock, it allows you to set a custom block that kills the video stone dead. I know this site needs advertising to finance it but, autorunning video are just plain irritating.

bumpkin 20:56 23 Feb 2018

Thanks, I have AdBlock. Can you tell me how to set it please.

rdave13 21:09 23 Feb 2018

Click Adblock to the right of the address bar and select 'block ads on this website'. It will then follow the mouse cursor to where you point (not click). Move to the offending video then click, then follow instructions. Start with low and preview. Don't go too high as that will make a hash of the site. Once preview has cleared the 'ghost' square of the ad then apply.

Alternatively disable flash player completely via your browser's settings.

bumpkin 22:07 23 Feb 2018

* 'block ads on this website'.*

I can't find this option.

BT 09:17 24 Feb 2018

It IS so annoying. I'm sure that it's counter productive as hardly anyone will actually watch it once never mind every time it pops up whenever you change to another page. You can't just let it run its course as its lots of separate short vidoes one after another. I just click it off if its annoying me too much.

Old Deuteronomy 10:09 24 Feb 2018

Sorry Bumpkin, didn't look in again yesterday.

Right click on the item you want to stop. Mouse over "Adblock" and then click "block this ad". A small window will appear and you can then adjust a slider until it does what you want it to do, then click "looks good". Scroll up and down the webpage to make sure there are no undesirable effects and then click "block it".

Cymro. 11:41 24 Feb 2018

I could do without that one that asks me do I want to continue in French or English. Surely clicking it once should be enough to sort it.

bumpkin 17:17 24 Feb 2018

* Mouse over "Adblock" and then click "block this ad".*

Thanks for getting back, I am using Adblock plus and I don't seem to get this option. When I right click on the video it brings up a window with options, none of which are block this ad. This is before I hover over Adblock which gives another list of options i.e. block element etc. but that does not stop it.

rdave13 18:00 24 Feb 2018

I use Adblock not Adblock plus on one of my many laptops and on the wrong one now. On this one I use AdGuard. So when you click on the Adblock Plus icon to the right of the address bar what options are you offered?

rdave13 18:22 24 Feb 2018

On AdGuard this is on the list, and similar in Adblock. Don't know of Adblock plus but I would assume same settings offered.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?