Andy Murray is British again...

dagbladet 12:08 28 Jan 2010

...having reached the final of the Australian open. He may revert to Jockanese by Sunday lunchtime.

morddwyd 18:08 28 Jan 2010

I knew I had been in Scotland too long when I, who never missed a match at Cardiff Arms Park between 1946 and 1956, found myself cheering Glasgow Warriors when they were playing Cardiff Blues!

Forum Editor 18:26 28 Jan 2010

He always looks as though he's sucked a lemon - not an ounce of personality in sight, and morose with it.

morddwyd 20:04 28 Jan 2010

To quote a very early "The Bill" script (Sgt Twentyman, remember him?) - "He's a Celt, he's got built in misery."!

Legolas 13:42 29 Jan 2010

I think you are definately Scottish only a Scot would say "my big sister" most of the lesser nations would say my older sister.

As to the comments regarding Andy Murray well jealousy is never a pleasant trait.

Housten 17:11 29 Jan 2010

It's quite interesting for me sometimes. I am a Scot whose father was transferred to England in 1951, and have lived down here ever since.

Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup, but Man U were the first English club to do so. The 2002 Winter Olympic curling team were all Scots representing Britain, but won the Gold Medal for England - as every one told me in the office I worked in at that time. And I have no doubt that quite a lot of people will suddenly decide that Andy is the first 'English' Grand Slam winner for 74 years should he win in Melbourne!! I have noticed this for some time - until a Scot is successful he's a Scot or sometimes British but after some success he morphs into an Englishman! Funny that!!

morddwyd 05:49 30 Jan 2010

Couldn't make the damned steps anymore!

Quickbeam 11:29 31 Jan 2010

He's a Scot again now...

Forum Editor 12:31 31 Jan 2010

we will see who is sucking lemons"

It's still him.

johndrew 12:35 31 Jan 2010

"He always looks as though he's sucked a lemon....."

And I thought the minority British subjects always stuck together :-)

Quickbeam 08:28 01 Feb 2010

click here He should have realised that that comment would let Google throw up millions of pages referring to them:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Inside the new Apple Mac Pro: an in-depth look at Apple’s most powerful hardware yet

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Amazon Prime : prix, avantages et offre gratuite