Hot Topics

Andy Murray is British again...

dagbladet 12:08 28 Jan 2010

...having reached the final of the Australian open. He may revert to Jockanese by Sunday lunchtime.

morddwyd 18:08 28 Jan 2010

I knew I had been in Scotland too long when I, who never missed a match at Cardiff Arms Park between 1946 and 1956, found myself cheering Glasgow Warriors when they were playing Cardiff Blues!

Forum Editor 18:26 28 Jan 2010

He always looks as though he's sucked a lemon - not an ounce of personality in sight, and morose with it.

morddwyd 20:04 28 Jan 2010

To quote a very early "The Bill" script (Sgt Twentyman, remember him?) - "He's a Celt, he's got built in misery."!

Legolas 13:42 29 Jan 2010

I think you are definately Scottish only a Scot would say "my big sister" most of the lesser nations would say my older sister.

As to the comments regarding Andy Murray well jealousy is never a pleasant trait.

Housten 17:11 29 Jan 2010

It's quite interesting for me sometimes. I am a Scot whose father was transferred to England in 1951, and have lived down here ever since.

Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup, but Man U were the first English club to do so. The 2002 Winter Olympic curling team were all Scots representing Britain, but won the Gold Medal for England - as every one told me in the office I worked in at that time. And I have no doubt that quite a lot of people will suddenly decide that Andy is the first 'English' Grand Slam winner for 74 years should he win in Melbourne!! I have noticed this for some time - until a Scot is successful he's a Scot or sometimes British but after some success he morphs into an Englishman! Funny that!!

morddwyd 05:49 30 Jan 2010

Couldn't make the damned steps anymore!

Quickbeam 11:29 31 Jan 2010

He's a Scot again now...

Forum Editor 12:31 31 Jan 2010

we will see who is sucking lemons"

It's still him.

johndrew 12:35 31 Jan 2010

"He always looks as though he's sucked a lemon....."

And I thought the minority British subjects always stuck together :-)

Quickbeam 08:28 01 Feb 2010

click here He should have realised that that comment would let Google throw up millions of pages referring to them:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch HBO in the UK

All the Virtual Creative Events that'll save 2020

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans