amazon UK delivery not received

conrail 10:03 04 Dec 2018

not a question, more of a comment about a delivery from Amazon.uk that failed to arrive despite the website showing it was handed to me, I was away at the time and house empty, this is part of a email I have received:

Further, I would request to please tell if you are not feasible with the replacement of the item as they  are planned to be delivered on a long time escape. We'll be assisting you by cancelling this replacement and giving you complete refund for the item.

no idea on what is being said, maybe it's the new EU/English

Pine Man 10:31 04 Dec 2018

Have you tried contacting Amazon via this link.

click here

HondaMan 13:11 04 Dec 2018

I have had two failed deliveries over the past week, both from Amazon. As a Prime customer, I am seriously reconsidering my membership

oresome 13:21 04 Dec 2018

I ordered an item on Sunday afternoon. Expected delivery time was stated as the following Thurs/Fri. It actually came the day after ordering it on the Monday. We were out but it was left well covered under some garden furniture with a note through the door.

I'm not a Prime member, the postage was free and it was considerably cheaper than Argos or WH Smith so no complaints about the service from me.

It was supplied by Amazon rather than a marketplace retailer.

lotvic 13:27 04 Dec 2018

Was the order "fulfilled by Amazon (prime)" or sent by the Seller? I ask because of the poor English in the email.

wee eddie 13:37 04 Dec 2018

Further, I would request to please tell if you are not feasible with the replacement of the item as they are planned to be delivered on a long time escape. We'll be assisting you by cancelling this replacement and giving you complete refund for the item.

I doubt that that came from Amazon. It is part of an attempted Fraud email

wee eddie 13:40 04 Dec 2018

p.s. I have stopped dealing with Amazon. Currently, all my online purchases are made through eBay, who's delivery costs are transparent.

rickf 13:44 04 Dec 2018

Amazon is usually pretty good with deliveries. However, I have had slight issues with 3rd party sellers. Now I always buy from 3rd parties only if it is fulfilled by Amazon. Recently, a 3rd party seller delivered the item quickly but I then received an email saying item has been delayed. Mind boggles.

MJS WARLORD 16:06 04 Dec 2018

Hi conrail I have had conversations with amazon staff over the phone , so that I don't get into trouble I will only say they were obviously not English. They have typed how I think none English people. This is my take on what they are saying.

Not feasible , from the wording I think they are offering to resend you a rerplacement.

long time escape , they cant say how long it will take to get a replacement it could be out of stock.

The last sentence means if you don't want a replacement you can have your money back .

hope this helps your query !

Forum Editor 16:57 04 Dec 2018

Amazon worldwide receives an average of 35 orders every second, and the vast majority of those are delivered without any problems

A business of that magnitude is bound to experience glitches, and my guess is that most of them involve third-party sellers.

I have had an Amazon account for 18 years and placed many orders, and in all that time I have had two problems - both related to faults with Kindles, and both resolved without any fuss.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 04 Dec 2018

Recently ha a none delivery of an item bought through Amazon. emailed the sender via Amazon they offered to resend of reimburse I opted for resend as the items where still requiredresent the item with apologies for lateness (delivery was via Royal Mail both times). I assume they claimed against RM for non delivery.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch