Am I lucky??

rawprawn 17:30 28 Jan 2010

This morning I parked in our village car park for a visit to the dentist. As I parked I noticed a council van pull in, it is a pay and display (30p)
and they rarely check. However having seen the council van I put my 30p worth in and displayed the ticket.
Imagine my suprise on finding a Fixed Penalty on my windscreen when I came back. The offence was Parked beyond the bay markings, I don't believe it was, but how can I prove it?
Reading further I find that they had typed in a wrong (by 1 letter) registration number.
I think that makes the ticket invalid. (Hopefully)

BT 17:46 28 Jan 2010

The most important thing is to take pictures if you want to contest it. A friend of mine contested a ticket and won because the signs were partially obscured by vegetation He didn't have a camera with him so he went and bought a disposable one from a nearby shop.

If he got your number wrong they probably won't be able to trace you, but someone else may get a surprise in the post!

rawprawn 14:07 04 Feb 2010

Got a letter from the Council this morning admitting a mistake was made and an apology.

amonra 14:22 04 Feb 2010

An apology from a council ????
I'd frame that AND put a copy on youtube.

johndrew 14:49 04 Feb 2010

".. and an apology."

Probably worth more than the value of the fine. Are you likely to have it framed and keep it in a bank vault or will it appear on e-bay???

rawprawn 16:16 04 Feb 2010

If you will make me a decent offer, I will sell it!

rawprawn 17:37 04 Feb 2010

I am now suspicious of the ticket, as I said I really do not believe that I had not parked properly within a bay.I just wonder if my private number plate on a BMW was enough of an attraction to have the wardens deliberatley issue an invalid ticket. If I had Paid up there would have been no enquiry
I will never know.

rawprawn 17:39 04 Feb 2010

I am now suspicious of the ticket, as I said I really do not believe that I had not parked properly within a bay.I just wonder if my private number plate on a BMW was enough of an attraction to have the wardens deliberatley issue an invalid ticket. If I had Paid up there would have been no enquiry
I will never know.

rawprawn 17:40 04 Feb 2010

OOps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?