Am I an addict? Do I need help?

carolineann 15:40 13 Aug 2004

I’m not lonely. I have fantastic family, friends, and neighbours.

I love going out, I love having friends round. I love my job.

So why oh why whenever everybody has gone or I’ve just got home no matter what time of day or night. I get this over whelming urge to click on this P.C. Advisor site. Is there any hope for me Please tell me I’m not alone.

Al94 16:17 13 Aug 2004

The answer to your heading is yes and possibly! However rest assured you are not alone, anyone else care to admit it?

cga 16:36 13 Aug 2004

Quick - before I get trampled in the stampede

Forum Editor 16:42 13 Aug 2004

and yes, you need help.Don't come asking me to help you though, I'm addicted too.

It's all working out exactly as we planned it all those years ago - we've got you where we want you now, and when I give the secret sign you'll rise up in your tens of thousands and I'll lead you triumphantly into a golden new future. Each birthday you'll present me with a new customised Mercedes, or something like that, and I'll never have to defrag my own hard drives or polish my router again, you'll do all that for me.

In the meantime just keep logging in whenever you get a few spare moments.

carolineann 16:47 13 Aug 2004

Each birthday you'll present me with a new customised Mercedes, or something like that, and I'll never have to defrag my own hard drives or polish my router again, you'll do all that for me.

In your dreams.

Sapins 16:49 13 Aug 2004

I'm logged in permanently to the Helproom, Consumer Watch and Speakers Corner!!!

Just need to find the secret sign;-)

Everybody who visits this site is an addict, there is no cure or hope, we're Dooooomed I tell you Dooooomed!

carolineann 16:55 13 Aug 2004

You sound as bad as me.

you really must stop watching those old episodes of Dad's Army though, your wasting time.

Sapins 17:10 13 Aug 2004

Are they old episodes?

Now you've got me to add another open window to my task bar to follow your thread.

carolineann 17:18 13 Aug 2004

Pretty ancient

click here

oresome 17:22 13 Aug 2004

No, you're not alone.

But I'm not sure that should be of any consolation to you judging by the other members.

I just hope that the FE has put some thought into the eventual shut-down of the site. It will have to be a gradual process to wean us all off it. Otherwise the bill to the NHS could be enormous.

I have this recurring nightmare of a Mercedes disappearing into the sunset and we're all just left there, polishing cloths in hand...........

carolineann 17:29 13 Aug 2004

Shut-down. No, that is just too traumatic to even think of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?