Is alpha.com a dying item

alanrwood 16:10 15 Jan 2019

Alpha.com seems to be dying a death. It has the same graphics that were included at least 2 weeks ago ref the Amazon/Alexa error and the Drone problem. Is anyone else still seeing this outdated page or is it just me.

lotvic 23:33 15 Jan 2019

It looks like it might be just you. I looked at alpha.com and didn't see anything ref Amazon/Alexa error and the Drone problem. Perhaps you could post a link.

wee eddie 08:50 16 Jan 2019

Are we looking at the same Alpha.com. The site I looked at can have little to do with Drones, Amazon or Alexa

alanrwood 18:38 16 Jan 2019

This is my link

click here

bremner 23:10 16 Jan 2019

That’s cause you are looking at alphr.com not alpha.com as you posted.

alanrwood 09:51 17 Jan 2019

Hi bremner. Yes you are quite correct, My mistake. Many apologies.

However that does not really answer my original question. Does everyone see the aged content about Alexa and the drone problem.

I have used different browsers and several machines and all are the same. I have cleared the browser caches with no change.

Al94 10:03 17 Jan 2019

There are further updates on 3, 7, 8 & 10 January latest being Nvidia & Mercedes partnership, maybe the site doesn't automatically update the header photos.

alanrwood 11:13 18 Jan 2019

I have been logging in to this site every day and the top graphics and articles changed every day in the afternoon. It has been stuck on this display since Christmas.

Belatucadrus 12:40 18 Jan 2019

New article posted this morning, so not defunct as yet. However as you said top articles and graphics still unchanged.

alanrwood 19:04 18 Jan 2019

Thanks, I am happy it is not just me.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Release Date, Price & Spec

Robert Hunter talks animating his magical storybook style for a spaced out music video

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

Samsung Galaxy X : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique