Hot Topics

4K is Just Simply Brilliant

Menzie 19:19 10 Dec 2019

This Christmas I decided to treat myself and add the final touch to my home theatre. A projector isn't possible as this stage so we went with a large telly.

The negative experience aside with the delivery service, all went well and we now have a lovely 55" Samsung 4K TV with all the frills.

It has built in casting from my phone, its own apps for the popular streaming services, gaming mode, HDR and detects and controls my home theatre's volume from it's own remote when on.

I knew 4K was nice but had very little experience with HDR. After calibrating the picture and running a UHD Blu-Ray all I can say is stunning.

The colours pop, the picture looks detailed and is almost 3D at times in appearance.

Coupled with the sounds from my home theatre the experience is quite sublime.

Gaming is also great on the large screen, although I'll need a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X to take full advantage.

TLDR version: New TV; love it!

hssutton 13:32 31 Dec 2019

Menzie That is a lot of Logitech remotes that you have. Yes the amount increased along with new equipment. The two basic ones are used for the bedroom TVs Quickbeam I think induction cookers are the way to go. I've been using two induction 'rings' for some time now, will go the full hog when we upgrade the kitchen. These induction rings are quite cheap at under £40 and a great introduction to the benefits of this type of cooker. Cheaper to run and a pleasure to use.

wee eddie 14:57 31 Dec 2019

The only problem with Induction Cooking is that, like an AGA, it requires a specific type of pot with a iron insert in the base, so your old pots and pans won't work

john bunyan 15:26 31 Dec 2019

We have a dual hob with 2 induction and 2 gas bits . We use the same pots but they are indeed induction ready - check a magnet sticks to them. Frying pans etc all need to be induction ready.

On TV's I agree on Samsung as all round good choice. We have a 42" in the bedroom with a small sound bar that uses the TV remote, with a setting that "tells" the TV to use the sound bar rather than the TV speakers. This feature was not available on our old LG.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique