30 pips

acceptmyname 00:57 06 Sep 2007

I was feeling hungry and thirsty earlier so I went to my fridge hoping that there would be a nice juicy orange in there but all I had to make do with was 3 mandarins, I ate the 1st manadrin and it was lovely and juicy and not one single pip, I then proceeded to eat the 2nd manadrin and you wouldnt believe it but it had 30 pips in yes I say again 30 pips now that must be some kind of record.

sunny staines 02:04 06 Sep 2007

did you eat the pips. In oranges,melons, and grapes i always crunch them up and eat them.

rdave13 02:44 06 Sep 2007

Never thought of you as a pip eater..there you go eh.?

wiz-king 05:57 06 Sep 2007

Serves you right for eating the wifes one.

Forum Editor 06:49 06 Sep 2007

when there was a thread about the number of pips in a mandarin, but I was wrong.

sunny staines 06:54 06 Sep 2007

it was middle of the night and a lack of posts coming in so someone had to say something.

Seth Haniel 08:43 06 Sep 2007

takes the Pip

interzone55 08:43 06 Sep 2007

Now that's a bizarre thought...

Do you have a list of thread titles that you don't expect to see?

Quickbeam 08:51 06 Sep 2007

I prefer to eat pip laden fruit standing on the patio, then I try to beat the previous pip-spit record... currently with orange pips I can reach the second climbing rose at the end of the garage, the red rose.

The best distances are reached with a N East wind as the red rose is in the right place to take advantage of this.

However, with cherry stones I can reach the olive tree.

Plum and peach stones are just too heavy to send any distance. They require a huge intake of breath with the stone in the mouth , and therefore probably are a health & safety choking hazard... On the H&S subject, anyone down in the garden should I suppose wear a hard hat, goggles & a hi-viz vest to avoid any personal injury risks.

v1asco 08:59 06 Sep 2007

you forgot steel toe caps, just in case you dropped a pip on your toe :-)

Sapins 09:10 06 Sep 2007

The world prune stone spitting championship is held hear every year, don't know what the record is but I might enter next time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?