Hot Topics

16 residents Diie at Glasgow care home.

Govan1x 21:55 06 Apr 2020
Answered

16 residents Die at Glasgow care home.The figure is now 16 or 18 with other residents still in hospital.

I find the figures shocking especially as none were hospitalised. Just how many more can we expect from same care home.

I have to assume that more care homes must also be infected.

Like most care homes they are probably under staffed and over worked as some of the staff have also caught the virus.

Some of the residents were taken to Hospital at the weekend and i know that at least one of them has had a positive test for the virus.

It is just a terrible time we are going through just now and we have been told it will probably get worse before it gets better.

Quiller47 20:17 13 Apr 2020

John bunyan

If you feed the fire, it will keep burning.

If you don't, it will eventually fizzle out.

Forum Editor 22:26 13 Apr 2020

"others must find this boring"

That's the understatement of the decade, and with apologies to Govanix, who has seen his thread hijacked beyond belief, I am putting an end to it.

Dunk 22:41 13 Apr 2020

wee eddie, Teabag

I realise you don't like the facts that I've stated from BBC, but you seem to insist on shooting the messenger.

Today , also, on BBC R4 News, 6pm,

"Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab told the daily press conference that 16 millions items of PPE had been delivered over the Bank Holiday weekend and said there was a specific focus on getting equipment to care homes in England ….While in Scotland, concerns have been raised about the ability of care-workers to get protective equipment after four of the largest manufacturers of equipment for PPE in the UK said that they’re prioritising deliveries to England where the need is greatest.’"

He failed to say the 4 'UK' companies were all England-based!!

England is my country, but I detest seeing us behaving like this in such an emergency - I'd feel the same if it were Wales or NI (and it may well be??).

You may want to listen?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €