Zoomstorm pc

fallenarch 13:46 24 Sep 2014

I am thinking of buying this zoomstorm but unable to find out the full details of what it has installed? ie 32bits or 64? Zoostorm Core i-5 Desktop

spuds 13:56 24 Sep 2014

You might find something here, direct from Zoomstorm click here

Ian in Northampton 16:56 24 Sep 2014

That'll be, er, 'Zoostorm'... :-) I've heard people on here speak fairly highly of them, I believe.

alanrwood 18:48 24 Sep 2014

I found them to be very good when I obtained a computer for my sister in law. Very helpful.

Batch 09:36 26 Sep 2014

Zoostorm - most components are big brands (e.g. motherboard, CPU, hard disk). Generic memory usually, very cheap PSUs and very flimsy cases (which can be prone to vibration - mine has a thick manual on top to dampen it).

spuds 11:31 26 Sep 2014

"and very flimsy cases (which can be prone to vibration - mine has a thick manual on top to dampen it)."

I have two excellent Zoostorm desktops (purchased from Ebuyer, quite sometime ago), and I would not quite agree about the cases being flimsy, because I find that they are no different to most cases on the market.

Agree though, that the cases are not a 'tank built' e-star type case, like a 10 year old self build I also use.

stclares 15:04 26 Sep 2014

I have had my Zoostorm PC for almost a year now and have never had a problem. I bought the basic unit and have put in a wireless qnd my old TV card so I can D/L TV, in particular recording videos to play on my main TV via my Chromcast Browser fitted to the spare HDMI stick on the back.

alanrwood 19:18 26 Sep 2014

At the prices they ask what do we want. The case is not overly important so long as it allows good cooling. I would rather the money was spent on quality innards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)