Zoombrowser and Explorer Directories

SURVEY 22:53 04 Sep 2005

Can anyone help as I am at my wits end!

I use Canon's Zoombrowser to view and print digital photos. I have used this for a couple of years successfully. Today in the Folder pane where there should be the full Explorer directory shown, I can only see 'Desktop'. Clicking on this does not expand the sub-directories (My Computer/My Documents etc.).

I have just uninstalled the programme completely and reinstalled from the origial program disk but to no avail.

Going to Explorer, the sub directories are shown as one would expect - just not within the Zoombrowser program. Any Ideas?

goffer23 23:18 04 Sep 2005

Hi Survey - which version are you using? (I use 3.1.0.40 - but I don't suppose it makes any difference)When you reinstalled, did you put into program files and was in this to start with? Presumably your pics are OK?

SURVEY 23:30 04 Sep 2005

Thanks for your response. I am using version 4.1.0.46.

To reinstall I just inserted the CD and ran setup.exe. The programs on the disk are listed in Explorer under Program Files. All works OK including downloading images into the corret folders but as I say on the Zoombrowser Main Menu screen the Folders pane only says Desktop and I cannot expand it.

goffer23 23:49 04 Sep 2005

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'Zoombrowser Main Menu screen' - in Explorer my Canon files are as follows:
DC USB WIA
Photo Record
Photo Stitch
Raw Image converter
Remote capture
Zoombrowser
Camera Bitmaps
Database
Image Library One
My Camera files
Program
Does yours look the same?

SURVEY 00:27 05 Sep 2005

By Main Menu screen I mean the screen that comes up when you click on or load Zoombrowser; this is the one with Tasks to the left, then Folders then what should be the thumbnails of the images. As I say at present I cannot expand the Folder pane from its Desktop name alone. Interestingly I have two other photo programs and both show the full Explorer directory so my problem is obviously limited to Zoombrowser.

My Canon directory is the same as it always has been - Canon Window, My Camera Files, Photorecord, Photostitch, Remote Capture, Zoombrowser. All these with sub-files of course.

goffer23 09:18 05 Sep 2005

The match sticks snapped last night! I don't have sufficient knowledge to go beyond that which you have already done. I can only suggest that one of your registry files is corrupted and not being removed during uninstall/reinstall. However you may get assistance from click here or click here
Sorry I can't help anf further - let me know how you get on.

SURVEY 09:25 05 Sep 2005

I have now emailed Canon and await a response.

goffer23 09:41 05 Sep 2005

I had a wee look at some Zoombrowser user comments on the 1st link above and it seems as though v4 can be a bit buggy click here
I have used v3 for some 3+ years(came with Powershot Pro90IS) now and have had no probs - however I tried v4 as an update off the Canon site and because it operated differently I preffered my original version and swapped back.
Best of luck with Canon response - keep in touch.

SURVEY 09:11 04 Nov 2005

Back in September I posted the following problem:

'Can anyone help as I am at my wits end!

I use Canon's Zoombrowser to view and print digital photos. I have used this for a couple of years successfully. Today in the Folder pane where there should be the full Explorer directory shown, I can only see 'Desktop'. Clicking on this does not expand the sub-directories (My Computer/My Documents etc.).

I have just uninstalled the programme completely and reinstalled from the origial program disk but to no avail.

Going to Explorer, the sub directories are shown as one would expect - just not within the Zoombrowser program. Any Ideas?'

I have been away for a week and not used my computer. When I returned and switched on the computer, suddenly the Explorer folder and file directory was back within Zoombrowser! So what is the explanation???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?