zonealarm

adamagain 23:05 16 Mar 2006

I seem to be geting a constant error when i start the computer
Zonealarm used to work ok but now i get a screen saying there has been a problem and it must close
If i goto start up and select it that way its fine though

Anyone help
thanks

Jak_1 23:09 16 Mar 2006

Could be a corupt file, either try uninstalling and then re-installing or take the computer back to a date before the problem started by using 'System Restore'

Hope this helps

wbiggchiefy 23:29 16 Mar 2006

I had this problem ages ago with Zone Alarm - it was fixed by reinstalling - but hey if this is what happens to the security software you run then what is it letting into your PC? - I soon switched.
Don't get me wrong - I'm a total advocate of free software - BUT only if it works with no flaws.

Chiefy

pennyben 00:15 17 Mar 2006

Zone Alarm 6 seems to be buggy, the ZA forums are full of problems. Give Kerio/Sunbelt a try.

BigRik 15:01 17 Mar 2006

For whatever reason, ZoneAlarm 6 seems to give some people problems but not others. I updated from version 5 a couple of weeks ago (just by updating, not doing a clean install as is often recommended) and it seems to be working perfectly.

Early versions of ZA6 were buggy, but after taking advice from other posts in this forum, I installed the very latest (6.1.737.000) and it seems OK.

However adamagain, if you want to give ZA6 another chance, and there are plenty of ZA supporters on this forum, then I would do as Jak_1 suggests and uninstall and reinstall.

pj123 15:17 17 Mar 2006

I also had lots of problems with the latest version of Zonealarm. I uninstalled and went back to 5.5.094.000. No problems since.

I still have the download for 5.5.094.000 on my computer, if you want it I can email it to you but it is about 7mbs.

J B 16:13 17 Mar 2006

Just a thought, I too am running 5.5.094.000 without problems and I will stick with it until the newer version becomes a little more stable. You can download 5.5.094.000 at click here if you wish to do so. J.B.

adamagain 22:57 17 Mar 2006

Thanks for all the info
think i might do a new install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)