Zone alarm pro No Internet

Joe R 17:16 24 Nov 2008

Hi all,

I installed Zone alarm pro last week, and up till now have had no problems with it. Today though I came in from work, and was informed by my good lady, that our internet is down.

After a few checks, I found that Firefox, and IE, are only working, when I switch Zone alarm off.

My internet and trusted zone settings are set to medium, and I cannot find any other faults with the program.

Can anyone offer any pointers? or do I just download a different firewall, and uninstall Zone alarm pro?

Regards Joe.

skidzy 17:23 24 Nov 2008

Sounds like a deny prompt has been carried out,try a system restore first.

You may have inadvertently ticked Deny due to an IE or software update or similar.

Have you rebooted the computer,this may solve the issue.

Rahere 17:24 24 Nov 2008

When a program is updated it appears to have changed to AV or firewall programs - have you checked if email any any other internet programs are affected too?

ZoneAlarm should have an option to allow trusted programs - are both these programs in there or can you remove them and start them again, this time allow ZA to grant them internet access when they try to connect.

Joe R 17:42 24 Nov 2008

Skidzy and Rahere,

have tried both your suggestions without success.

I am still getting updates, for any programs I wish, and Thunderbird is accessing without any problems, for my Emails. The only problem is when I access using my browser (Firefox is my normal, But IE is doing the same) I get the "done" up OK, but the page is just a white sheet.

Joe R 17:47 24 Nov 2008

Have just been reading another thread concerning an update to Avast free edition.

I installed the update last night, but never rebooted my computer. Is it possible, this may be the problem?

Joe R 17:53 24 Nov 2008

Just found the problem.

The webshield in the update to Avast, was blocking any images in my browser. I have disabled this part of the A/V, until a fix can be found.

Thank you for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts