zone alarm or sygate?

herc182 13:30 31 Aug 2004

Dear all,

Which of these is better? until yesterday i was using the windows xp firewall, then i downloaded the sygate one for free. is it better than zone alarm or not?

Further to an earlier post click here is there anyway of finding out how much i have downloaded since getting an internet connection (including just viewing web pages etc)?

Thank you people.

herc182 14:28 31 Aug 2004

yeah it seems fantastic. just wondering if it actually is a good firewall or whether i should buy one? the windows firewall never said anything to me (rarely poped up) but sygate asks me whether i should allow internet explorer connect to the internet! reassuring......

herc182 14:42 31 Aug 2004

Thats great GANDALF. cheers for your input. i will leave sygate in then....

Any ideas on the second part of my thread anyone?

Thanks

herc182 15:25 31 Aug 2004

right. yeah i know the ISP should have a record. I just wanna monitor it myself to see:

A) that the ISP is quoting the right amount (just being paranoid i guess), and

B) whether i need to have unlimited downloads or whether i could go for their capped service for £17.00/month instead of £24.99/month.

Thanks again Gandalf

herc182 16:53 31 Aug 2004

thanks JayDay. i already have that. but it resets every time you switch off the computer. i suppose i should have had it from the beginning and set up a spreadsheet in excel to note the download size b4 i switch off the computer. might do that next month!

thanks

herc182 18:14 31 Aug 2004

o i see...i downloaded the earlier version as i was apprehensive of the beta version. i will download that instead.... thanks

herc182 18:34 31 Aug 2004

o i see...i downloaded the earlier version as i was apprehensive of the beta version. i will download that instead.... thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs