Zalman cpu cooler problem!!

CutNpaste 21:12 31 May 2005

Hi everyone,
Has any one here owned a Zalman CNPS7700 cpu cooler for the 775 socket.
My one doesnt fit my case cos of the psu comes in the way and i am thinking is there a case big enough to fit it in.
Please dont recommend me any other cooler as i already have the freezer 7 and i have got temperature problems. THe inside of my case gets really hot even though i have an exaust.
Probably a bigger case would be better as it will have moe space in it for airflow.

Technotiger 21:15 31 May 2005

Hi, I am not familiar with the Zelman, but I think you have probably answered your own question - i.e. get a bigger case.

CutNpaste 21:20 31 May 2005

the thing is which case would fit a zalman.

Technotiger 21:29 31 May 2005

The first one shown here - the Thermaltake looks a possibility I think.

click here

Indigo 1 23:52 31 May 2005

Which case do you have now ?

Can you describe the layout ?

Is the PSU in front of the CPU or above it ?

The Zalman cooler is not usually known to need a bigger case than a Standard Full Tower ATX case and should even fit in most Midi ATX cases.

Why not contact Zalman click here

SANTOS7 00:00 01 Jun 2005

click here
have you thought about round ide cables similar to the one shown, they greatly increase airflow if you have a heat problem.

De Marcus 00:01 01 Jun 2005

Try a server case, I originally bought mine to house 5 hard drives and 3 optical drives, it's about 50% bigger with the atx form factor, albeit a bit boring to lok at (not too bothered as it's hidden), it's practical for me.

Technotiger 00:02 01 Jun 2005

Hi, your click here is for a Restaurant ??

SANTOS7 00:05 01 Jun 2005

Now there's a thought PC takeaway select from the online menu, collect or home delivery..

CutNpaste 00:54 01 Jun 2005

well i have a gaming case its called the "dracula case".
My psu is located above the cpu.

And the only reason why i havent purchased a server case is because although they are spacious inside - i havent found one that u can put the psu anywhere else apart from above the cpu.
Ive also contacted zalman to recomend a case but they havent replied yet

Indigo 1 09:12 01 Jun 2005

Sorry about the restaurant link..Doh! lol

I have seen a case recently which has the PSU at the bottom and the Mobo is mounted upside down with special channels or ducting to draw air straight across the CPU (not BTX) I am searching for it again and will post a link if I can find it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?