Youtube taking very long to load

Ronyap 11:42 26 Oct 2006

hi,

Youtube never seemed to be a problem in the past, but these days, it is taking ages to load a video.

My firewalls are off. And I have got Broadband. Can anyone tell me why it is soo slow?

Thanks.

Ronyap 11:44 26 Oct 2006

How long does it take you to load a 24 minute video?

Its taken me more than 10 minutes. :S

Ronyap 12:40 26 Oct 2006

I have just tried to load the video file again once it has finished. Usually it would load faster becoz I have already loaded it before. I then loaded it a third time, but the speed of loading it remained slow.

Why is this? I have allocated 50mb of cache already. Isnt this enough? I really need help. Why isnt Youtube doing what it is meant to?

Thanks

john-232317 12:43 26 Oct 2006

For a start put your firewall back on quickish ;-)

Run a virus check and if ok run crap cleaner, then defrag your pc.

Ronyap 23:01 27 Oct 2006

Are you sure defragging my PC will work? I thought it was something to do with the Internet. I always run my Crap Cleaner after I come off the Internet.

That leaves scanning my PC. I doubt I have a virus or anything since everything else works perfectly well.

john-232317 06:38 02 Nov 2006

Have you got an upto date flash player ?

Try this click here it will download them onto your PC for you, it may be quicker.

alone_smiling 01:26 07 Nov 2011

I am having a same problem from long time when I type www.youtube.com then it will not even load just say connecting... for whole day. so what i am doing is I bookmarked the history page of youtube and just click there and it load in less then 3 sec and just search new song in search bar.

but if there is any solution then it would be great .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?